need wiring harness - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

need wiring harness

i have a 2001 7.3 6 speed manual with electronic 4x4. some stuff happened and the wiring harness that hooks to the main engine harness then to the fuel pump it also goes to the transfer case and the reverse lights. as far as i know ford no longer produces this harness and im have a lot of trouble finding it anywhere. any info about where i can get one of these harnesses would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 06:20 PM
whistle tits

Re: need wiring harness

Ford should still sell the harness, but if not, best bet is to find one from a junkyard or part out. What makes you think the harness its self is bad?

1997 F350 SRW CCLB 7.3 ZF5 4x4
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

i went to a ford distribution center and they could not get it for me. the harness i have was physically destroyed we couldnt even salvage it to try and make it work.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 07:05 PM
PSN Veteran

How did it get destroyed?

1997 F-250, D60, 8in lift/38s, OUO ladder bars, BTS, Spearco 6.0 IC, SRP 1.1, Irate 468 turbo, Dyno proven tunes, P.I.S 300/200s, ARPs/910s/Smith bros push rods, A1000/sump.

[email protected] on 38s
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

front drive shaft broke and ripped a lot of wiring out including that harness is what i was told. my buddy had my truck while i was in Afghanistan so i wasnt there.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 07:13 PM
PSN Veteran

Just curious because its very rare. It sounds like you shouldn't let your buddy use your truck ever again. Good luck with the harness. If I see any ill let u know.

1997 F-250, D60, 8in lift/38s, OUO ladder bars, BTS, Spearco 6.0 IC, SRP 1.1, Irate 468 turbo, Dyno proven tunes, P.I.S 300/200s, ARPs/910s/Smith bros push rods, A1000/sump.

[email protected] on 38s
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 12:53 AM
Luddite in Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills View Post
front drive shaft broke and ripped a lot of wiring out including that harness is what i was told. my buddy had my truck while i was in Afghanistan so i wasnt there.
1st, HOOAH bro..

2nd, what is not working now? If it's just a neutral safety issue (won't start) that's easily bypassed and the schematics/wire colors are probably available on this site...

If it's as boogered as you said then I guess you're having issues with everything from lights to fuel pumps not working, and that should be a broken nose for that 'friend' of yours. Especially under the circumstances concerning what you were off doing.

There's a wealth of knowledge on this site and everyone is more than willing to contribute help/facts/suggestions/ideas, so let it rip with what wasn't as it was and you'll get idea after idea how to fix it.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

hooah sappers.

the truck runs right now it has an automatic 2wd harness in it right now i believe. the reverse lights and the 4x4 are the only two things not working as of now. im just tired of not having 4x4 so im looking for the harness one last time before i convert it to a manual shift 4x4. if someone knows how to make one of the harnesses or what im open to sugestions but finding a harness at a junk yard is what i keep running into and i havnt found one yet.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

or if anyone knows of a good salvage yard that specializes on ford trucks that might work i could always call and ask.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode