Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Chips???????

8K views 53 replies 19 participants last post by  Adam0331 
#1 ·
What chip/tunes and why! I am looking and just thought it would be a good idea to see what everone is using and why?

#5 ·
I vote for Matt at Gearhead Automotive (mattr66) I have had a couple different tuners and his tunes are the best. Shift points and everything are dead on.

#7 ·
I vote J is a douchebag...:poke: Although i do like doritos LOL Those buffalo ones in the light blue bag, soooo good.

And i like my swamps tunes on the TS 6pos chip. Runs good, good power, the drag file is AWSOME with the power, if only my tranny thought so i would be good :shrug:

#10 ·
Another vote for Gearhead! Shifts great, plenty of power (with what I have), EGTs stay low..

I pulled a truck to TS and I never got above 1500 Degrees. I'd reccomend his tunes to anyone!

#11 ·
Hmmmmm....... in no particular order.

Swamps
DI
DP Tuner
Tony
Matt
PHP

All of them can custom tune the chip. Pick your pony and ride.

#14 ·
Been running DP-Tuner programs on the TS style chip for years now. Had my truck live tuned by Jody almost 2 years ago, and I've been very happy with it.

Lots of good posts above me with good recommendations. Pick your pony and ride it, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

#27 ·
I have the following

1. Tow
2. High Idle
3. Quite Idle (Don't work as well unless you have single shot injectors. Talk with Matt about this)
4. Fuel Economy
5. Street Muscle
6. All Out

#33 ·
I run the Economy setting but dont get all over it. Even when it is warm out side i dont do that till the truck is warmed up.

#35 ·
Can't the tunes be set up where there actually is no tune until the truck is warmed up? For example, no extra timing or fuel until the engine oil reaches 130.

#36 ·
Whats so hard about letting it warm up,or drive easy until desired temp. is reached?:confused:

#41 ·
Just put in Tunes from DP tuner.. and im a very happy trucker. At first i was sent tunes that wouldnt run AC injectors but Jody was quick to rectify my problem working on new tunes well into the night, had them in my email the next morning.

drive in the 80hp econo tune, notice better millage and WAY! more power than my edge/superchips setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.