I need major help Just replaced complete engine - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I need major help Just replaced complete engine

Here is the low down, I lost a injector tip and it took out the top of one piston and also hurt my h2e turbo. So i have built a new engine 30 over mahle pistons and rings, I had Nate cutler build me a killer set of heads,all new valves, inconel exaust new seats, new injector cups and hypermax rev kit and bronze guides. I have hypermax new connecting rods, I took brand new AA code injectors and had swamps build what they recommended to me was stroke a codes 200 cc. I had to redo my turbo so I sent it to River city turbo, and got it coated inside and out and went to the 200 cfm upgrade, 66mm wheel and stock on the exaust still. The only other thing that i changed was I went from the reg terminator with 2 17 degree pumps to the new remote Ipr setup, I have dp tuner tunes for the big oil that did not change I have the stock, 40 tow, 80econo and 80tow, and the 120 programs, HERE IS THE PROBLEM, the stock program used to be a slug now it runs pretty hard, the 40 tow seems to run pretty hard it cuts out a little and smokes a little, and will only go to 25 lbs of boost, all the 80 and ups run like SH**, They smoke and buck and surge bad and finally clean up just as it shifts then it starts all over again, I have 62lbs of fuel pressure and the truck runs perfect starts perfect and idles like it never has before, but wont run with programming at all, I have dual electric super/duty fuel pumps also, Please Help. I have know codes and auto/E will not show my ipr for some reason, but with a scan tool everything seems normal. HELP HELP HELP PLease

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 05:07 PM
PSN Local

Send a message via AIM to godofdew11
Re: I need major help Just replaced complete engine

first thing i would do is email or or call jody, he just responded to an email for me so quick hes at the computer!

on edit do you ahve tunes for the single shots?

-Don

'03 F-350 SC LB, 4x4 7.3, loaded, 3.5" DP to 4" Ex, tymar intake, 38r, strobes and LEDs galore. windshield mount 3 gaude pod,Gearhead toonz,BTS VB, 2.5" leveing kit. Toyo 315s. Last of the 7.3's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Proud PSN Sponsor

Ya I think the chip needs reflashed with all the changes!

2002 Ford F350 Crewcab 4X4 SRW, Twin turbos
820 HP on 05/19/12

Toll Free 866-379-8685

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 05:13 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

Can you give a little more description about "cuts out a little" and "runs like ####"? Like specifically what/when is it doing?

EMPIRE DIESEL, PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS, CEN-TEX DIESEL PERFORMANCE, AND DIESEL INNOVATIONS

ALSO LOTS OF HELP FROM (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) TWISTED DIESEL PERFORMANCE, FCDP, ITP, MATT WITH GEARHEAD, ERIC WITH INNOVATIVE, DOUG WITH GOGO DIESEL, CASS WITH FULL FORCE DIESEL, AND SWAMP'S

2005 F350 Fat-Butt Truck
2004 ECSB Procharged F250
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I just went and drove again stk and 40 tow tune run well, 40 smokes a little more than normall but it cleans up good 28lbs of boost, i can be running 70-80 and change it to 80e or 80tow and step on it and it just smokes instantly big time and starts cutting out surging bucking with lots of smoke, but if you ease into it it runs better but not right.

post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to blk99

Did you have had the stroked A coded in before you rebuilt?
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Laces Out

did you replace the cps when you built the motor?

08' F250 4x4 w/ 3:55's
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: Quick turbo question stock and Van turbos

I had hypermax II's the ran great chip was made for them by jody. I had a stock h2e. Now I went with brand new AA code injectors and called David at swamps, this is what he recommended for me and told me if I ever was thinking of modding my H2e this would be the time. I sent my H2e out and got it coated and modded to the 66mm inducer size. THis is really all I changed on the truck and now it runs bad in the 80E and 120 tunes but stock runs great and 40 runs pretty good. So what do you think and yes new CPS.

post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: Quick turbo question stock and Van turbos

Also we pressurized the intake track and intercooler no leaks. We ran at 1500 rpm on the lift and blocked off the exaust tail pipe and looked for leaks and found none. manifolds are brand new and coated silver all uppipes and donuts are new and silver finish no soot on anything. I talked to Jody and he said all of my tunes call for less fuel than stock. My nozzles are 30 % over extrudehone, swamps sayes their smaller than the Hypermax

post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

yes cps replaced, injectors on old motor were Hypermax II's and stock h2e. now it is brand new AA codes stroked to 200 cc and 30% over extrude honed nozzles. same tuning as before, and modded H2e 66mm 200cfm upgrade. You can be driving 70 to 80 and stomp in 40tow or stock and it runs fine. Flip it to 80 econo or 80tow, and stomp it and the truck layes down and smokes and wont run starts bucking and surging with lots and lots of smoke. THe truck idles and drives perfect if you dont hammer it in the 80 econo or 80 tow. or runs and idles perfect and hammers good in stock or 40 tow. It used to peg my 30lb gauge with the old setup, Max boost in 40tow is 28 lbs with new setup, we have checked and pressurized intake and intercooler no leaks. my manifolds and uppipes are coated silver color no and no soot anywhere. we ran at 1500 rpm on a lift and blocked exhaust with a board and no leaks seen or felt on any maniford or uppipe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode