More fuel Issues.. I think - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Going Crazy

Send a message via MSN to badluck_early99
More fuel Issues.. I think

Ok so now that everything is all back on my truck I have been running it the last 2 days and its still having major issues running well.... it runs great at lower rpm and high up but from like 2200 to 2800 it falls on tie face and misses like nothing else, especially on the hot tunes... I cant decide what its doing but i really dont think there is still air in the lines but i guess it could be... am i not getting enough fuel?? I need som ideas whats goin on here im at a loss

1999 F250 PS 6spd, 37x12.50x17 ProComp Xmud, 06 Grill & Lights. DP tuner, Terminator Hpops, Garrett 42, Casserly B codes, FASS Fuel system by DI, H11's, ITP Reg Return W/Bowl Delete, Sknab 6oh Intercooler, DIY Intake, 4'' Exhaust, Itp OBA, Autometer boost and pyro, , ccv

-Richard-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 11:30 PM
<- Sums it up

Re: More fuel Issues.. I think

you need your ICP checked. It sounds like you are running out of oil on the top. Plus the early 99 has a smaller HPOP so that does not help with hot tunes.

Early99 CC LWB 4X4
Updated B codes, Modded H2E, Big oil, half filled block, studded, John Wood 4R100. 232K miles
Tows like a champ!

"Damn Larry, he passed us like a freight train passing a hobo!"
--Lisa P.

Just sold to Larry
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2-17-2019: 97 CC LWB 4X4 7.3 with full banks kit, John Wood E4OD. 139K miles
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 01:17 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin_early_99 View Post
the early 99 has a smaller HPOP so that does not help with hot tunes.
He has two 17's now.

Howard is correct. Check your ICP and Duty cycle.

Just re-read your post. Sounds like a sticky IPR.

Last edited by TerminatorEngineering; 11-12-2007 at 01:19 AM. Reason: re-read it!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 01:25 AM
Hated by All

Joey, your just transforming everyones truck.....

I need to get off my ass!!!!!

PARIAH

2001 F-350
Resurection has begun.....
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Going Crazy

So maybe time for a new IPR?? and like if I hold it at a constant throttle it bucks hard sounds like injectors turning on and off... i know that doesnt happen but thats what it sounds like..... Oh and to top it off it just blew out the rear main seal today, I dont know why I did the ccv and just vented it down so no place to clog..... but its puking out about a quart every time i stop and it leaves a constant trail everywhere now.

1999 F250 PS 6spd, 37x12.50x17 ProComp Xmud, 06 Grill & Lights. DP tuner, Terminator Hpops, Garrett 42, Casserly B codes, FASS Fuel system by DI, H11's, ITP Reg Return W/Bowl Delete, Sknab 6oh Intercooler, DIY Intake, 4'' Exhaust, Itp OBA, Autometer boost and pyro, , ccv

-Richard-
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 02:06 AM
Starting Over

are you sure it is the rear main?Check the valley?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
Going Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainers View Post
are you sure it is the rear main?Check the valley?
I wouldnt say 100% sure that its the seal but i did looke at the valley pretty good and didnt really see anything... ill double check it though

-Richard-
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 02:13 AM
Starting Over

only reason I say is 299k miles and the rear main in my truck had a slight weep.That is with the CCV mod vented out a 3/4 heater hose just thrown off the side of the motor since about new.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 02:14 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by badluck_early99 View Post
So maybe time for a new IPR?? and like if I hold it at a constant throttle it bucks hard sounds like injectors turning on and off... i know that doesnt happen but thats what it sounds like..... Oh and to top it off it just blew out the rear main seal today, I dont know why I did the ccv and just vented it down so no place to clog..... but its puking out about a quart every time i stop and it leaves a constant trail everywhere now.

Hey badluck, did you use your old IPR or a new one when you put the Terminator in? Did you go with new pumps or reuse your older one?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
Going Crazy

Ok so the leak is definatly in the valley.. which sucks lol i think its comming off the back pump but i cant tell for sure yet.

As for the IPR yea its the old one and the pump set up is using an old one and a new one....

Would the pumps loosing oil like that cause it to miss this bad though.. i think i have a few probs here...

-Richard-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode