I've got a bad exhaust backpressure sensor, but does it even matter? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I've got a bad exhaust backpressure sensor, but does it even matter?

Using AE software, I can pull a couple codes related to backpressure being too high, and when I monitor that sensor, it reads 14.5 psi with KOEO. I don't see how there could be that much pressure with the engine turned off, so the sensor must be bad. I've got a non-EBV turbo & pedestal, and some people say it makes no difference, others say the computer will see the difference between the turbine & compressor & cut back on fuel, timing, etc to keep from damaging the turbo. Does anyone know if the computer does this or not?

If I need to fix this, should I get a new sensor, or would Dfuser's sensor eliminator fix the problem?

02 CC 4x4. AFE stage 2, Magnaflow 4" exhaust, BTS tranny, live-tuned by Jody, AC singles, DI regulated return, Terminator HPOP, DR 4.5" lift & some other stuff...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Banning Smut

Re: I've got a bad exhaust backpressure sensor, but does it even matter?

Quote:
If I need to fix this, should I get a new sensor, or would Dfuser's sensor eliminator fix the problem?
I bought the SP version of this and have never looked back. Cheaper than a new sensor. lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 04:03 PM
A Ghost these days.

Send a message via Yahoo to mad_matt Send a message via Skype™ to mad_matt

sandnut 14.5 is normal atmospheric pressure. You must be @ about 1500-2000K in elevation. Mine read 15.4 and I'm 2 about 300 feet above sea level. Check your EBP sensor. It sits in front of your HPOP resovour. Pull it out and see if it's cloges with carbon. Also start your truck with it out and make sure you can feel/see exhaust flowing out of it. It could just be a clogged tube or a bad sensor.

Got Boost?

Slightly modded 01 F350 CC SB 4X4

Powered by Oil driven by Madness.
Post Injector upgrade Spin: 577/944
Dynojet
HP: 597 BWD Superflow
13.152 @ 104.7 mph
Mods: Everything plus the Twins.
In the mail: Everyone's stuff but my own

Planned upgrades: sho mods!

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 04:03 PM

i run a map eliminator and ebps eliminator, truck runs 100%
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 04:09 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSUPERD View Post
I bought the SP version of this and have never looked back. Cheaper than a new sensor. lol
I seem to recall a statement attributed to Jody that the programs ran better (more reliably?) with an intact sensor?

2002 F350 Lariat CC 4x4 4.10 DRW, with "the ultimate towing setup!": Nov 30, 1999 engine with Fluidampr, Melling LPOP, 910 springs and ARP headstuds, DP-Tuner, DI regulated return, AC singles with 80% over EDM nozzles, BTS dual HPOP, H2e, Spearco 6.0 IC and BTS tranny .
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 04:14 PM
A Ghost these days.

Send a message via Yahoo to mad_matt Send a message via Skype™ to mad_matt

Hauln you are correct. It helps with Fuel mapping Jody mentioned that while we was live tuning Boggers Truck.

Got Boost?

Slightly modded 01 F350 CC SB 4X4