CCV Mod? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Question CCV Mod?

Being doing some research and looking around at past posts.. Wanting to do the ccv mod and wanted some input on how to and the best way. Should i do a diy mod or buy the ccv mod from stealth auto (NC Hornet). And ive also got an oil leak on my truck, ive checked the turbo, hpop and i cant seem to find where its coming from? It is coming down the back of the block on both sides and running down the middle of the oil pan and around the front of the transmission? Anybody got any ideas what it mite be leaking from?

2001 F-250 7.3L PSD 4x4, S&B CAI,Zoodad Mod,Foil Delete,Van Turbo,WW,4" DP w 5" Exhaust,CCV,HPOX,DP Tuner(high idle,lope,60hp,80hp,120hp,140hp)ITP Overboost Anhilator,Autometer PYRO & Boost, 2" Rear Lift w 2.5" Skyjacker Leveling Kit, Procomp ES9000 Shocks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Re: CCV Mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpoutfitters81 View Post
Being doing some research and looking around at past posts.. Wanting to do the ccv mod and wanted some input on how to and the best way. Should i do a diy mod or buy the ccv mod from stealth auto (NC Hornet). And ive also got an oil leak on my truck, ive checked the turbo, hpop and i cant seem to find where its coming from? It is coming down the back of the block on both sides and running down the middle of the oil pan and around the front of the transmission? Anybody got any ideas what it mite be leaking from?
Re the CCV mod, it's a piece of cake. Remove the "Dog House" (CCV Can) and reposition it facing the firewall. Run a long length of 5/8" (I Think) hose up and over the power brake unit then down along the frame behind the cab so you don't get fumes in the cab.

Be careful that you don't get any sags in the line as oily moisture will collect and eventually cause back pressure. The reason that you run the line over the top of the power brake unit is to allow oily moisture to run back into the engine.

The Oil leak:
First, clean the valley squeaky clean using..BrakeKleen, Simple Green, etc and a whole bunch of paper towels to mop it dry. You will probably find all kinds of stuff in there from missing wrenches, rats nests, etc. Really, really clean and dry.

Using a "Bright" flashlight and a good mirror, start the engine and start looking. Check the "Weep" hole at the back of the lift pump, check very carefully around and under the fuel filter, all hose fittings and especially the sensors on the drivers' side of the fuel filter. Also check the bottom of the filter for holes. Standing water and crud has been known to eat holes in the bottom of the canister.

Be meticulous and patient and you will find the leak,

Good luck,
Rog
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 11:39 AM
PSN Local

With respect to the CCV mod...I double the point about being careful about sags in the line...especially if you are in a cold climate..ie...it gets below freezing. A frozen shut line due to ice creates a big...messy problem.

early 99, old, slow but paid for.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Milk Truck

You can also check where your dipstick goes into the oil pan. I have had a small leak there for years.

99.5 F250 cclb 4x4...modded, but looks stock
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 11:59 AM
owner/president

Send a message via MSN to dixieland-diesels

Dont forget to plug the hole-up thats in the intake from where the hose used to be plugged into or replace it with 4'' tubing. ITP diesel has a very nice ccv mod.kit.

03 lariat cc,4x4 7.3,DP-F5,36''MT,8"lift w/trac.bars,4"Silverline ss.exh,AFE II,Optimas,ATS housing,WW,Turbomaster,6.0 IC & tranny cooler,BTS,ISSPRO gauges,HPX,ITP RR,BRV+,Powerslots,WARN prem-hubs,coolant filter,ccv mod,08 mirrors,ARP's,mod.fuel & inj's.,Crower rods,AIH delete,AMSOIL fluids. ~waitn on the 38R~
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 12:38 PM
SyN
Lubrication Addict!!

Agrees with Dixieland-->ITP has a nice mod kit. This is the one I installed.
Just remember: If your 7.3L has alot of miles on it, ya {might}& might not have the same problem I have. A steady stream of smoke, and oil droppings every time ya park the truck for an extended time. I wonder what the inside of my intercooler looks like?

With the kit from Stealth->(NC Hornet) You will not have the smoke or leaking oil-->kinda nice. But ya pay for that extra nice.

2001 F250 XLT CC 4X4 AUTO SWB
{295K miles}.
Donaldson AIS Intake w/ZooDad
4" MBRP Turbo Back Exhaust.
DieselSite By-Pass Coolant Filter/{ELC}&RMI-25
DieselSite By-Pass Transmission Filter/Lg Magnet
Delete Mods-->{Foil & AIH}
203*{T-Stat}w/Billet Housing
SS HPX line-CCV{to atmosphere}
Marinco Heater Plug
Oil-->T6 5W-40 w/Amsoil Filter

Last edited by SyN; 04-04-2009 at 12:51 PM. Reason: None Yas Business!!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 01:18 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa View Post
Re the CCV mod, it's a piece of cake. Remove the "Dog House" (CCV Can) and reposition it facing the firewall. Run a long length of 5/8" (I Think) hose up and over the power brake unit then down along the frame behind the cab so you don't get fumes in the cab.

Be careful that you don't get any sags in the line as oily moisture will collect and eventually cause back pressure. The reason that you run the line over the top of the power brake unit is to allow oily moisture to run back into the engine.

The Oil leak:
First, clean the valley squeaky clean using..BrakeKleen, Simple Green, etc and a whole bunch of paper towels to mop it dry. You will probably find all kinds of stuff in there from missing wrenches, rats nests, etc. Really, really clean and dry.

Using a "Bright" flashlight and a good mirror, start the engine and start looking. Check the "Weep" hole at the back of the lift pump, check very carefully around and under the fuel filter, all hose fittings and especially the sensors on the drivers' side of the fuel filter. Also check the bottom of the filter for holes. Standing water and crud has been known to eat holes in the bottom of the canister.

Be meticulous and patient and you will find the leak,

Good luck,
Rog
good idea's except the weep hole thing. the lift pump is on the frame rail. I would guess it's the fuel filter housing leaking. I have seen this on several SD, it is enough of a problem Alliant power made a kit with the O-rings to fix the problem. Also I would try to just run the hose down for a few days to see if you are getting enough residue that you need to run it over the brake booster. I had 90,000 on my 03 & I have 227,000 on my early 99 and neither one leaves any residue.

Jay

1999.5 F250 CCSB 4x4 stock for now
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Would it be easier just to replace the 4" tubing on the intake?? And im frustrated with this oil leak ive searched and searched im gonna clean out the valley and give everything a good once over again this afternoon and see what i come up with... Hoping its something simple i can fix..

2001 F-250 7.3L PSD 4x4, S&B CAI,Zoodad Mod,Foil Delete,Van Turbo,WW,4" DP w 5" Exhaust,CCV,HPOX,DP Tuner(high idle,lope,60hp,80hp,120hp,140hp)ITP Overboost Anhilator,Autometer PYRO & Boost, 2" Rear Lift w 2.5" Skyjacker Leveling Kit, Procomp ES9000 Shocks..
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 11:22 PM
PSN Veteran

i had an oil leak that was coming out of the boots that hold the intake plentum to the manifold on the heads, you may check that out. mine was also draining off the back of the motor down the bell housing.

02 F250 cc sb Lariet 4x4.
BTS Transmission installed/tuned by TSD
Autometer Ultralite II Trans,Pyro,Boost.
MBRP 4'' Cool Duals turboback with 5'' tips.
DIY tractionbars with Procomp mounts.
6637/zoodad intake,Drilled/slotted Rotors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode