Going to the Darkside.... - Page 3 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 06:43 PM
DILLIGAFF

Send a message via AIM to Redfish
Re: Going to the Darkside....

I was always told allisons were expensive as hell to build as well.

2006 F-250 CC King Ranch, Harley Headlights w/ 55w HIDs
ARP studs, MBRP 4" exhaust and AM Colbalts By:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, AFE stg. 2 Pro Guard 7 from XDP, SCT from innovative!
14.09 @ 94 1.85 60'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 07:10 PM
PSN Local

A Allison would probably hold the power a 7.3 makes, but they have a hard time living behind big power; why go with a turd to start with? I mean just in case you do make more that 650hp one day.

They make a duraflite for a reason. :)

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/...8510#post88510
post #23 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
HRT Performance

I already have a built Allison in my Dmax, and I can assure you it cost me significantly less than a BTS, and I know more than a couple top notch Allison tranny builders that can help me out if needed. BUT for this truck I have a blank slate, there is nothing in that gap between the engine and the t-case. No matter what route I take I will need a core transmission and I will need to build it, and I will need a method of controlling it.

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

post #24 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
HRT Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2HP View Post
Are you just wanting a fun street truck or would you plan on pulling with it?
I broke 2 forward drums before getting the billet drum.
In a simple answer: YES!

Right now I am pretty fed up with the rules changes taking place in my part of the country in the higher level pulling classes. I know I can't currently compete in the class that replaced the class that got dropped, and just don't want to drop down and spend the next year trying to get it dialed in to be competitive in the 2.6 charger class. I know it would be an excellent challenge, but not what I want to do. I absolutely miss driving my PSD on the street regularly, so I figure its time to build a truck "for me" The red truck has been slated to be retired no matter what and a new truck constructed around that base engine. My thoughts are currently a VERY nasty street truck that might see the pulling track on exhibition from time to time, and possibly see some drag racing since Lott tells me that is the only way to measure true HP.

Some guys know part of my plans on this new truck, but I am keeping most of the real details close at the moment. I will be creating a project log in a couple of months when I get enough stuff done to actually take some pictures and have some stuff to talk about.

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

post #25 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Banning Smut

Quote:
and possibly see some drag racing since Lott tells me that is the only way to measure true HP.

trapsh speed.

|
|
post #26 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 09:49 PM

BTS!!!

F350cc4x4sb,BTS Trans, H2E Turbo,Tapor core IC,530mm injectors,Head studs,DI regulated return and total fuel system.
post #27 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 01:13 AM
Smarty Power!

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen

Well, I can't really add any information to this thread, but good luck with the project!!

If you don't mind, shoot me a PM with whoever built your Alli, and the roundabout cost. That's the only thing making me want a CR Cummins over the Duramax is the cost of a transmission, should I go automatic.

Jarrett Matthew

04.5 QCSB auto common rail
Smarty TnT; ISSPRO PERFORMAX
Suncoast full billet
post #28 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 03:17 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

Jason, I love my BTS, but I would be very interested to see how a PSD/Alli combo works. We've been kicking around the idea of putting one in my Boss' Excursion, just haven't gotten around to figuring the numbers.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

post #29 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 03:33 AM
Subject Matter Expert

Jason, im excited to see whats going to come from this. Maybe a short bed'ed regular cab, that would be the ultimate street racer. You picked a dead platform 7.3 however,

Stock
post #30 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 05:01 AM
PSN Local

Send a message via AIM to Pdt1081

If you were going pulling only, I'd suggest you talk to TRB Machine. But since you want to race/street I don't think that would work for you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode