doh! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
<- My lucky set of PMR's

doh!

Well I had created what I thought should be a pretty reliable dummy proof setup for my truck, but I missed being on the edge, so I bought a set of BD Injectors. I am going to leave them stock besides changing nozzles, but I'm thinking the truck will run a little different now. I am going to have them tuned down some, but there should still be a lot more fuel there than with the stage 2's.
I think there are quite a few people running these injectors nowdays... any advice on keeping a stock motor besides headstuds together? I didn't do much to the new motor because the plan was to stay with the stage 2's as a permanent setup that didn't last long. setup is in sig.

Carl Evers
1996 Centurion conversion- Casserly 250cc BD's, Terminator HPOS, ITP Reg. return, ATS A5000 w/ early 99 intercooler, ATS Propane system and stage IV transmission with 5star and billet flexplate, DP Tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 02:30 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker
Re: doh!

Keeping a stock motor together is all about tuning. But I thought Hybrids where better and safer than B codes? But I could be wrong.

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Fierro Racing

i would talk to Joey- Terminator Engineering . he could give you some pointers. with the proper tuning you can make those b's run like those stageII's did. talk with Jdub he is running B's as well.

2008 rclb Tow Rig Edition
71 Gated Deleted
Hallers Diesel Performance

Who Needs Swagger When You Got Stagger

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
<- My lucky set of PMR's

Whoops. I forgot to write down that I was mostly curious about the top end- what most people think about the necessity of valve springs and pushrods at this point. I talked to Jody about tuning before I bought the injectors and he already as plans for driveability and making the bottom end live, so I am not worried about that. Would those who have already run these injectors reccomend I take the time and spend the money for valve springs and pushrods at this point?

Carl Evers
1996 Centurion conversion- Casserly 250cc BD's, Terminator HPOS, ITP Reg. return, ATS A5000 w/ early 99 intercooler, ATS Propane system and stage IV transmission with 5star and billet flexplate, DP Tuned
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
<- My lucky set of PMR's

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_stroker View Post
Keeping a stock motor together is all about tuning. But I thought Hybrids where better and safer than B codes? But I could be wrong.
That very well could be true. I got my B codes for a pretty good price, that is the main reason I bought them. I also liked the idea of a mostly unmodified injector because I have had terrible luck with injectors so far.

Carl Evers
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 11:55 AM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96centurion View Post
That very well could be true. I got my B codes for a pretty good price, that is the main reason I bought them. I also liked the idea of a mostly unmodified injector because I have had terrible luck with injectors so far.
Well good luck with them B codes

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode