95 7.3 question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

95 7.3 question

okay im new to fords and the 7.3/// i,ve been looking for performance upgrades and found the ts performance chip and am pretty sure im gona buy it. my question is is that if i buy this can i still run a programer and /or box? also will my stock transmision hold it???? like i said im new and any help would be appreciated. as well as is the 95 intercooled or not i never paid attention and am just wondering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 05:07 AM
owner/president

Send a message via MSN to dixieland-diesels
Re: 95 7.3 question

If you buy a chip from any of the sponsers on this site they can adjust or tune for your factory tranny.

03 lariat cc,4x4 7.3,DP-F5,36''MT,8"lift w/trac.bars,4"Silverline ss.exh,AFE II,Optimas,ATS housing,WW,Turbomaster,6.0 IC & tranny cooler,BTS,ISSPRO gauges,HPX,ITP RR,BRV+,Powerslots,WARN prem-hubs,coolant filter,ccv mod,08 mirrors,ARP's,mod.fuel & inj's.,Crower rods,AIH delete,AMSOIL fluids. ~waitn on the 38R~
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

really??? but what if im wanting to run say a programer and the ts or the ts and a box????

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 11:29 AM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb View Post
really??? but what if im wanting to run say a programer and the ts or the ts and a box????
There is no benefit to running a box with a chip. A chip does everything and more than a programmer/box will.

I don't really recommend TS chips anyway they are very generic with there tunes. Contact one of the site sponsors like Matt at Gear Head, David at DI, Bill at PHP or Swamps. Andy of them will be able to hook you up with a really good chip for your truck and adjust it to meet your needs and for your truck.

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Nothin' but a peanut!

Send a message via AIM to taylorking Send a message via Yahoo to taylorking

a box only adjusts fueling, it doesnt do anything for the tranny.

you can still get the ts and have it re-burned any time you want...Cale @ BTS only charged my $40 for a re-burn

and yes the stock tranny will hold it, as long as its in good shape to start with. Custom tunes on stock injectors are about the limit for a stock E4OD

Call me T

Carolina Powerstroke Association

'95 F-250: DP Tunes / Intake / 5" Exhaust / 4" Lift / 20's on 35's / FPR Shimmed / .84 Hot Side / HPX Crossover / Triple Pillar Isspros / Leveled / Warn Lockouts
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 11:36 AM

Chips are better than the programmers on a 7.3l. Your truck is not intercooled. Go with tunes from DP tuner, Swamps, Tony Wildman, or Diesel innovations and you cant go wrong. The trans really depends on the shape it is in. All the tuners mentioned above will adjust the shift strategy in the tuning to make your truck shift better and hopefully last longer.

Swamps, ITP diesel, DP tuner, BTS, Stecher Performance Diesel, DieselSite
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorking View Post
a box only adjusts fueling, it doesnt do anything for the tranny.

you can still get the ts and have it re-burned any time you want...Cale @ BTS only charged my $40 for a re-burn

and yes the stock tranny will hold it, as long as its in good shape to start with. Custom tunes on stock injectors are about the limit for a stock E4OD
the box i am looking at is a 60 horse edge..also i've been looking for injectors but hot damn there are expensive for these trucks. does anyone know where i can get just nozzles at for pretty cheap
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 03:01 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb View Post
the box i am looking at is a 60 horse edge..also i've been looking for injectors but hot damn there are expensive for these trucks. does anyone know where i can get just nozzles at for pretty cheap
You need to learn that a box will not compare to a chip. Get a chip and be done with it.

Give Nate at Unlimited a call about your injector questions. Very good guy to deal with.

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 03:05 PM

Depending on the mileage on your injectors your probably better off sending them to swamps or casserly having them gone through and have the nozzles done at the same time. And if you want performance don't get a programmer.

Swamps, ITP diesel, DP tuner, BTS, Stecher Performance Diesel, DieselSite
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapstroke View Post
Depending on the mileage on your injectors your probably better off sending them to swamps or casserly having them gone through and have the nozzles done at the same time. And if you want performance don't get a programmer.
then just get the ts chip?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode