blown boot ? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to blk99
blown boot ?

I finally got the 6.0 intercooler in and took it out for a run. stomped on the go pedal and at about 7.5 lbs. of boost I went "BOOM". Scared the s*** out of me but thanks to all the info floatin around I knew exactly what it was before I ever opened the hood. It was the boot on the hot side of the Spyder.
Anyway my ? is can I use a silicon Hump Hose even though it doesnt have that little ridge molded into it like the stock boots?
Also where would be a good place to get just the two short hoses for the "spyder-to-intercooler pipes", if I can use them?

Thanks guys
~Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 01:32 AM

Re: blown boot ?

I just use regular silicone hose that every truck shop sells. I have a lot of the Paraflex brand, but it's all good. You don't need the bead. If you are worried double clamp it.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 01:44 AM
Proud PSN Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk99 View Post
I finally got the 6.0 intercooler in and took it out for a run. stomped on the go pedal and at about 7.5 lbs. of boost I went "BOOM". Scared the s*** out of me but thanks to all the info floatin around I knew exactly what it was before I ever opened the hood. It was the boot on the hot side of the Spyder.
Anyway my ? is can I use a silicon Hump Hose even though it doesnt have that little ridge molded into it like the stock boots?
Also where would be a good place to get just the two short hoses for the "spyder-to-intercooler pipes", if I can use them?

Thanks guys
~Jim
This is what I use and it works great!

http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?...ROD&ProdID=133

2002 Ford F350 Crewcab 4X4 SRW, Twin turbos
820 HP on 05/19/12

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Toll Free 866-379-8685

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 01:52 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Napa has it.. Murmos in Bend should have it... I cant think of any truck shops in redmond... Maybe the Cat place by the fair grounds...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 01:44 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

I have used blue silicone rad. hose for big rigs . It is good for 28 psi so far. I clean the boot and the pipe or spyder with brake clean as well as the clamps and since doing so have not blown anymore boots off.

P.S. I am hardheaded I was turned on to the brake clean deal by a little ole guy that has helped make my truck what it is today.

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 01:56 AM
Hated by All

Brake-kleen is for EVERYTHING!!!

PARIAH

2001 F-350
Resurection has begun.....
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 02:01 AM
<- Sums it up

brake-kleen it and use hairspray to help keep the hoses on. It fixed all of my problems.

Early99 CC LWB 4X4
Updated B codes, Modded H2E, Big oil, half filled block, studded, John Wood 4R100. 232K miles
Tows like a champ!

"Damn Larry, he passed us like a freight train passing a hobo!"
--Lisa P.

Just sold to Larry
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2-17-2019: 97 CC LWB 4X4 7.3 with full banks kit, John Wood E4OD. 139K miles
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I think I will just get some strait silicone hose since it is cheaper.

~Jim
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Banned

Just make sure you put a "Hump" hose somewhere on each side between engine and intercooler as the intercooler is fixed to the body and the engine is all OVER the place between WOT and a lift. Without something to soak up the movement even if it didn't have any boost in the tube it would still physically pull the thing apart.

If you've still got the OEM couplers at the intercooler with the bellows in them you're good. I just wouldn't put straight hose couplers at both ends without any way for it to accomodate engine movement.

Good Luck.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Ok guys, just before Charles said dont go with straight hose I ordered a 8" piece that I am gonna cut in half. it is the same hose that I used on the driver side of the intercooler. heres a link: dieselpowerproducts

The intercooler has the 3x3.25x8 on the passenger side and the 3x3x8 on the driver. I ordered the 3x3x8 again to cut in half and use at the spyder with some hairspray and double clamps.
Would the be OOOKKK or is it an absolute NO, NO!

~Jim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode