Where's the best place for ceramic coating? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 03:12 AM Thread Starter
Needs more hours per day

Where's the best place for ceramic coating?

The turbo's coming off for some work and I'm thinking I'll send my exhaust manifold off to have it ceramic coated (already starting to rust), both inside and out. I know about the obvious Jet-Hot, but are there better and/or less expensive places out there?

Jeremy
2000 F-350, CCLB, SRW, 4x4, '04 5.9 Common Rail Cummins Conversion
F1 sticks, Evil Twins Dual CP3's, F1 Springs, Helix 2 Cam, ARP headstuds, ED Turbo, Smarty, BTS Trans
Eventually: Compound Turbos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 03:49 AM
I make smut cry

Re: Where's the best place for ceramic coating?

Jeremy, I sent my stuff off to Jet-Hot several times and was very pleased. they did all my snowmobile pipes and cans and eventually my manifolds, uppies and turbine housing. Kinda spendy but well worth it.

FWIW, there is a shop in Bensalem,PA that does ceramic coating. it was gonna be much cheaper then jet-hot, however the guy told me that their coating has a melting point of 1100* IIRC, so needless to say I had to go another route

Cowboy Steve
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Back in Black

There is a place 15 minutes away from me Jeremy that does Jet Hot. Thats where my downpipe and exhaust housing and up pipes were done at. wasnt too badly priced neither.

2009 F-250 ccsb black/black

Lowered 4400lb spring, 20x10 MM962, Nitto 420, traction bars, 5" exhaust 7" MBRP black stack, SCT - Innovative tunes, IDP cold side IC pipe, MPD trans. Blacked outtttt

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Needs more hours per day

Kenny, what did they charge you? I sent them a request for quote, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Jeremy
F1 sticks, Evil Twins Dual CP3's, F1 Springs, Helix 2 Cam, ARP headstuds, ED Turbo, Smarty, BTS Trans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 05:04 AM
Engineering College Boy

Send a message via AIM to Got Diesel Send a message via MSN to Got Diesel

Kenny you get that new motor built and installed yet?

Sorry for the hijack Jeremy, just let me know when things are ready to go back in. Give me a couple days in advance and I will clear my schedule.

Kyle
Early 99 F-250SD 7.3 PSD 4x4. Auto, tymar type intake, straight pipe, Six inch stacks, Tony Wildman Four position chip, Street race, 80 Tow, 80 Econo, Extreme. Let the smoke roll. Upgraded torque converter. Autometer Ultralights on the Pillar. Running Cooper Discover STT's.

SLAPS MEMBER
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 05:23 AM
Starting Over

Even after coating you will still have rust spots.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 06:32 AM
EDP
Empire Diesel Performance

if you are having problems getting something lined up let us know!!!

"In House 3000+hp Engine Dyno Services and testing facility"

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Back in Black

Nope, motor is not built and in yet. I am calling them today at lunch to find out if I can come down the end of this week or if it will not be together yet, he told me a week or so ago I could plan on coming down this week.

I dont remember what he charged. just the exh. manifold? I can stop in there and ask him, I might get a discount, my best friend for MANY years knows the guy, he can get me a good deal.

2009 F-250 ccsb black/black

Lowered 4400lb spring, 20x10 MM962, Nitto 420, traction bars, 5" exhaust 7" MBRP black stack, SCT - Innovative tunes, IDP cold side IC pipe, MPD trans. Blacked outtttt
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 01:24 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainers View Post
That is interesting, I am having the same problem with my exhaust manifolds. Any idea as to why, I have a theory but am probably in left field.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
Needs more hours per day

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kainers View Post
That is interesting, I am having the same problem with my exhaust manifolds. Any idea as to why, I have a theory but am probably in left field.
Can either one of you guys expand on this? Rust is part of the reason I'm doing this, but a reduction in underhood heat is another reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDP View Post
if you are having problems getting something lined up let us know!!!
I emailed you my number...let me know what you've got.

Jeremy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode