Filled Block and Occasional towing - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Banning Smut

Filled Block and Occasional towing

Getting closer to finally getting the motor. I've talked to Charlie and he says it "shouldnt" be an issue as he pulls a skidsteer with his. Anybody else have a filled block and pull occasionally?

There is a possibility of pulling a 10k lb travel trailer a few times a yr a max of about 80 miles one way. Also gotta do this soon:

roughly 6-7k lbs

What about a secondary oil cooler for piece of mind?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 02:50 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Filled Block and Occasional towing

Id run an oil temp gauge and see how the temps do. If the temps get too high add some sort of oil cooler.

2013 ccsb 4x4-stock
99 ccsb 4x4- built to the hilt, wife's DD!
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Banning Smut

Adding an oil temp gauge for sure.

|
|

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 02:58 AM
2nd class citizen

a little off subject but that's a nice looking truck.

2003 CRW CAB LB 4X4 6SPD,AFE STAGE 2,38r,DP TUNER,4'' MBRP,FASS 15,Farmers Disel Performance 160/100 injectors,ITPREG.RETURN,TERMINATOR
2001 crw cab short bed auto 4x4 5"exhaust afe stg 2,f6,jw trans,terminator,cass. stg2's,itp reg return,fuel lab pump.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 03:48 AM
Subject Matter Expert

Add an oil temp and water temp gauge if it were me, and i plan on getting a decent size A/O cooler and plumb it in the return line from my bypass oil filter that dumps back into the crankcase anyway. Advance has some nice cheap 1-2^2 coolers

Stock
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 04:23 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

Are you also moving the heater hose back on the pass. side and running an extra line from the driver's side like Charles? I notcied the other day that Excursions run similar to that from the factory, they have a nice steel crossover tube from the driver's side.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Banning Smut

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokyred View Post
Are you also moving the heater hose back on the pass. side and running an extra line from the driver's side like Charles? I notcied the other day that Excursions run similar to that from the factory, they have a nice steel crossover tube from the driver's side.

Dave
Wasnt planning on it...but thanks for mentioning that. Something to look at for sure.

|
|
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 04:26 AM Thread Starter
Banning Smut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1snotrocket View Post
'preciate it!

|
|
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 05:45 AM
I make smut cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1snotrocket View Post
Truck is nice but I hear the owner has been called a "cockshucker" a time or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokyred View Post

Dave
Im not following you, please explain......

Cowboy Steve
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 05:29 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroked162 View Post
Truck is nice but I hear the owner has been called a "cockshucker" a time or two

Im not following you, please explain......

Cowboy Steve
You move the heater hose from the front of the pass side head to a port farther back and tie it in with a port from the driver side head to increase coolant flow

2002 F250

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode