new injectors - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

new injectors

alrighit i stole this from another post because this is the exact problem i have.

Yes, a big mistake. I had a set where the cores had 2 in it that were flat out bad, they would piss oil straight across the poppet. The customer bought a set from Pensecola and sent the cores in. The set from Pensacola was just about as bad as the original set, as it would only hit on a few cylinders when cranking it. When it finally did start it would only be running on about 4 cylinders and as it warmed up it would start picking up cylinders.

2000 f250 ECSB Dually 4.10s 305/70/16, 4x4 7.3 zf6 200k miles
Php hydra chip PHP tuned! 4" exhaust, stock turbo(ww2, turbomaster wastage actuator, gutted ebpv), FRX, 160/30 sticks SB 1939-CB single clutch, home brew water setup for when i'm pulling hay through the mountains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 05:44 PM
fueled by Colecovision

Garage
Re: new injectors

sounds normal for junk Pensacola injectors.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

alright so now i got these i called him and he said i can takem back out send them to him and he would fix them under warrantee. now my question is do i realy want to go through the trouble of doin this just to have him fix them obviously if he was any good he would have sent me good ones in the first place right? so whith what i have here is there a way to get them working right by mabey running some sort of injector cleaner through them or are they just fubar? and golfer obvoiusly your the one everyone turns too as far as injector what do you recomend i do.

Php hydra chip PHP tuned! 4" exhaust, stock turbo(ww2, turbomaster wastage actuator, gutted ebpv), FRX, 160/30 sticks SB 1939-CB single clutch, home brew water setup for when i'm pulling hay through the mountains.

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 06:26 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybuller View Post
alright so now i got these i called him and he said i can takem back out send them to him and he would fix them under warrantee. now my question is do i realy want to go through the trouble of doin this just to have him fix them obviously if he was any good he would have sent me good ones in the first place right? so whith what i have here is there a way to get them working right by mabey running some sort of injector cleaner through them or are they just fubar? and golfer obvoiusly your the one everyone turns too as far as injector what do you recomend i do.
I would say eat your money and send them to someone that knows what there doing to fix them

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 06:38 PM
PSN Veteran

I would send all 8 of them to swamps and have them go through all of them.

2001 F250, CCSB, 4X4, Auto, Forged rods
Lots of go fast parts and still slow.

2001 F250, STD cab, 2WD

Frame is a little shorter now
workin on body
engine build underway

post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 06:42 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbilly420 View Post

I would send all 8 of them to swamps and have them go through all of them.
Or call up the company you got them from and bitch at them till they give you some money to have them fixed right

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 08:07 PM
fueled by Colecovision

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybuller View Post
#1 They don't know how to fix them.

#2 As much as I would love to help you out, I'm not really at all interested in seeing their crap. If you did send them in, I KNOW that they will need 8 new plunger and barrels, as they use chrome dipped old wore out junk that will never flow or seal properly...In addition to all of the normal crap they do not know how to repair on the oil side of the injector.

So, I would NOT consider those Pensacola injectors as a suitable core as outlined on our website.

#3 You will not get $1 back from them...unless their 'tactics' have changed 180 degrees from their typical "let us send you another one" BS.

Good luck~

Dave
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

hhhahah you just got me all fired up again Dave wtf dont make me start typing in all caps again holy shiiiiiit.... i just called them up and according to him he can fix them wtf am i just out 900 dollars plus the money im gonna have to pay for core charge on new ones..... i canot beleive i got screwed that bad guess i should have asked somone before i bought injectors all i wanted was a set of good stock injectors holy chit..

post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 08:21 PM
PSN Veteran

Just bend over and take it like a man!

Then get some REAL injectors from a sponsor. If you paid 900 for those, you could have saved some more and probably gotten some stage 2's from someone...
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

yeah i guess i could have if i knew a little more about deisels and who are the crooks in this little deisel world you guys got going on here hell i think we need to make a specific area on this forum just for posting things like this so anyone that comes here to buy parts can just go in there and see witch shops are reputable and witch shops are mother Fin crooks or in my case liars that claim they have a good product and screw you over. I know id be the first to post there mabey like a live and learn section...i know im gonna live and learn from this..learn to ask questions before i spend money on parts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.powerstrokenation.com/forums/14-7-3l-power-stroke-aftermarket-performance/25478-new-injectors.html
Posted By For Type Date
Pensacola Diesel Injectors - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum This thread Refback 12-08-2015 03:50 AM