PMR limits? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

PMR limits?

I have been reading some of the posts regarding PMR rods and upgraded injectors and I am really surprised at the failure rate.
Well, I just bought an 02 truck and all of this has me reallly wondering how far I can push my truck and be safe. Realistically I was hoping to get to the 350RWHP mark and have a nice strong truck to drive.
From what I have read you can have a 300 RWHP truck and if the tune is off, it is all over but the crying. I have also seen 400 RWHP trucks run all day long with no problems. This brings me to a question, what mods are needed to safely make the 350 RWHP mark and have a strong running truck??

I think it is possible to do this with the right mods and a good tuner, but will these PMR trucks handle the low end torque to smoke the tires if you wanted to?? From what I have read you can not push them hard on the very low end??
Seriously I may need a new HPOP and I may try one of the new Adrenaline pumps to see where I can get on stock injectors.

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 12:46 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker
Re: PMR limits?

With good tuning and the right injectors 350 or even 400 HP is reachable with a PMR motor. But one thing you have to remember... ANY THING over stock can blow a motor even if it has forged rods.

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Village Idiot

This should stir up some some trash talking! It's a highly debated topic here and on other forums. One fact that is usually overlooked in these discussions is that the driver has a huge impact on what works and what doesn't. One guy can use his truck like a car and blow it at 350 hp and another can work his hard at 450 hp without a problem. Some guys would find a way to break a billet steel toilet plunger.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Hate 'R Us

Depends on driver. I've read of them going out at 350 all the way up to 450. It's like asking when will the head gaskets on a 6.0 go?

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 01:57 PM
<-- it's like that

I'm running about 350 hp on PMR's, with an oil system and stock injectors. 350 or so is about the max you can get on stock injectors.

My engine is healthy and well. Towing is great, it's got some decent power.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Busy Busy

Don't gamble, it's cheaper to pull the motor and put at least forged if not billet rods in then buying a whole new block, and being down for X amount of time.

443.553.9234 - 410.392.3262

Elkton, Maryland

2001 F250 Platinum - 11.62 @ 115.76 on Nitrous
2007 F250 - 10.916 @ 122.86 on Fuel
2005 F450 - Tow Bitch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode