Opinions on build? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Opinions on build?

Well basically my problem is how to do this in steps, more than just how to do it. I want to start building the PMR engine in my truck no then build a billit rod motor and toss all the bolt ons on it when I get it finished. My goal is roughly 600hp, and may not be my DD then but will be now. The only restriction on money is I cant take one step when I need to take another at the same time.

What cc injector and from who? This will probably not be done to my stock truck unless they can be tuned down. I like the idea of hybrids but am open to all options.

Turbo- Either a 38r for my truck now, then keep that in a twin set up for the build motor. Or an H2E unmodded now, then either s400 or modded h2e on the built motor.

Tuning- I am at a loss b/c I thought I was going to go with DP but I have heard a lot of talk lately that is not sitting well with me!

Big oil- for the number I am looking at, I'm thing stage 2 Stealth. Would I need a stage 3?

Trans- BTS is probably the first step in this whole process but my stock is working great now so I will wait till it seems shakey.

Fuel system- RR/bowl delete From ITP.

Built motor will have everything hopefully the new bed plate works out, studded, fire ringed, rods and rings, I want a good builder doin the work for piece of mind! Either Beans, Swamp, DI. This will also probably be who I have tune my truck!

Lets hear it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 05:30 AM
Village Idiot

Re: Opinions on build?

true 600 on fuel only will be tricky and need to be very custom tuned.
you can add the big oil, bcodes, or very large hybirds, twins etc..

but here is just a little parts needs that need to go in the new block

a girdle or swamps new milled beauty,billet rods, coated pistons, hi temp valves , hardened push rods, beehive springs , head studs, possibly fire rings, am ati or fluidamper, better intakes or re-enforce the stock ones by adding a collar,

fuel labs makes a new pump that looks to be ready for that kind of fuel flow.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thanks, btw this truck wont be used to tow only DD, race perhaps, but it will be lifted and I will probably be running 40" +/- tires. All of that stuff I plan on throwing in the built motor, and I will be having one of the shops listed doing it.

Right now I am wondering how to go about things in my PMR motor, I hant performance now, with the ability to switch over to built motor without scapping and buying new, upgrade it and make big power. I am also not dead set on 600hp. Anything over 500+ I would be more than happy with!

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 12:40 PM
PSN Veteran

well your first thoughts were good get the BTS you wont have to change between motors. but on your PMR motor there have been guys who have rodded a motor with just the very basics so unless you have all the money to build the motor now I would just build the motor so you are not respending any money. Where are you located?

USAF TSGT Retired "Medically"

99.5 CCSB 4x4 built motor and BTS
99.5 EX Cab Long bed with mild mods and BTS

Big thanks to Swamps Diesel and BTS!!!
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Smarty Power!

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen

Call Swamps, Diesel Innovations, or Unlimited Diesel.

Make sure your tuning and injectors come from the same place. Are you willing to chance a 2500 dollar set of rods on someone other than those that built the injectors tuning?

Charlie is running a 38R in his compound setup as the small charger like you're talking, and he's made 638 if I recall correctly on fuel.

I wouldn't screw around with B-code injectors. Get hybrids, they're much more efficient and faster.

Jarrett Matthew

04.5 QCSB auto common rail
Smarty TnT; ISSPRO PERFORMAX
Suncoast full billet
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by randylamarr View Post
well your first thoughts were good get the BTS you wont have to change between motors. but on your PMR motor there have been guys who have rodded a motor with just the very basics so unless you have all the money to build the motor now I would just build the motor so you are not respending any money. Where are you located?
Erie, PA. I know the only things I was really thinking on this motor were big oil, and turbo, maybe even DIY stage 1's or something. But thats it I want to respend the least amout as possible, hopefully none!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_DeereGreen View Post
Call Swamps, Diesel Innovations, or Unlimited Diesel.

Make sure your tuning and injectors come from the same place. Are you willing to chance a 2500 dollar set of rods on someone other than those that built the injectors tuning?

Charlie is running a 38R in his compound setup as the small charger like you're talking, and he's made 638 if I recall correctly on fuel.

I wouldn't screw around with B-code injectors. Get hybrids, they're much more efficient and faster.
NOPE! If at all possible I want to get EVERYTHING from the same shop. Thats why I dont have a custom tuned chip now, as I want to figure out who I will be with in the end, then start buying from them.

Also who is Unlimited Diesel? I checked out their website and its still under construction. They are somewhat close actually, but I can get to ther builders in 10 hours and I'm ok with that.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Smarty Power!

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDurtyDeez View Post
Also who is Unlimited Diesel? I checked out their website and its still under construction. They are somewhat close actually, but I can get to ther builders in 10 hours and I'm ok with that.
They're an up and coming but VERY knowledgeable shop in Bremen, Ohio...Nate and Ben build injectors, and are pretty much a full service shop.

The banner in my sig gives their phone number, and they're great guys to work with.

For what it's worth, they had a good bit to do with lukecline's engine build for his Super Duty, shooting for 800 on fuel...

Jarrett Matthew

04.5 QCSB auto common rail
Smarty TnT; ISSPRO PERFORMAX
Suncoast full billet
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 05:08 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_DeereGreen View Post
They're an up and coming but VERY knowledgeable shop in Bremen, Ohio...Nate and Ben build injectors, and are pretty much a full service shop.

The banner in my sig gives their phone number, and they're great guys to work with.

For what it's worth, they had a good bit to do with lukecline's engine build for his Super Duty, shooting for 800 on fuel...
Very good guys they have my truck right now.

Where you located?

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Erie, PA, about 3 1/2 hours away from Unlimited, but also for as money as these parts costs, I am not basing my decision on travel time as long as its not in Cali or anything. I am interested in learning more about Unlimited though, especially after following Luke's build.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode