6speed Programming - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

6speed Programming

Its obvious that many tuners have to concentrate on tuning for automatics because the majority of their customer base is guys with autos. But for those of us who prefer 6speeds for towing ALOT or just the feel of control, who's programming do you like best? What specific tunes do you really like for towing lots of weight? Are your lower gears useful for anything but tire spinning? My old generic programmer from years back would rattle the motor to death and would be so uncontrollable at lower gears it was scary. My newest tunes for my trucks from swamps and Jody both are very impressive for performance and great towing power and egt control......And if any tuners here have been working on anything new or interesting for manuals, lets here it if ya want to.

2000 F-250 Supercab/Shortbed 6-speed
Swamp Ass Hybrids, Swamp Ass tuning, Stage 1 Oil, 38R, Southbend Clutch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 12:05 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: 6speed Programming

For smoothness of shifting and delievery of power, my 60t from DP tuner my best setting.

2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 12:16 AM
PSN Local

i got bill to do one for me a couple of weeks ago. and the guy loved it. I drove the truck and it is very smooth thru all the gears. his was a 99 with a 6speed

03 f-250 6.0 tec3 programming.. Running all of power hungry performance handy work, plus i work there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I find that my tow tunes seem to be my favorite and most used, i requested the medium sensitive throttle from jody on the towing tunes and they work great, good mileage with the tow programs also.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 02:19 AM
PSN Veteran

DP's 60tow has been my mainstay going on 4 years now. Jody told me his latest developments for 6-speed tunes were about a year-and-a-half ago. Just not that much demand like you mentioned.

I have seen Swamps mention 6-speed tunes a bit but it looks like you have already tried their's.

I wonder if PHP has done much for us handshakers? Truly, I don't know...

2000 F350 PSD, 4X4, CC, LB, 6-speed/ PHP Tuning /1.0 Turbo (no wastegate) with WW/ 4" turbo back exhaust/ AIS Intake with fender sleeve/ Isspro EV gauges/

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I wonder if bill has any new stuff for manuals too...?

I really like my 80tow from jody for daily use, not possible to bury the egt's and very smooth accel until you reach 2200rpms.

Im curious what the tuners do different from around 5 yrs ago, because the tunes are so much different now than they were back then.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 03:39 AM
PSN Newb

i like my dp tunes with my 6sp i have had other programs and chips that did sucked, hop and skip bounce around

early 99 F350 6sp 4X4 4"dp, 5" stacks, dp tuner 60tow, 80 tow, 80 econo, 120race, 140 smoke, smoke lope, turbonetics bb, BD exhaust brake, south bend 550hp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode