what injectors and chip to get ???? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

what injectors and chip to get ????

please don't hold back I want your honest opinions. i'm not dead set on any particular part listed. feel free to reccomend something not listed but please explain why it is better for me.

the truck is an early 99. it is used for daily driving 75% and towing 4-12k 25% of the time. my ultimate hp goal is 425-500.
truck mods are as follows
afe 2 intake
4" tb exhaust
basic 3 guages + under hood fuel guage
semi built tranny
6.0 inter cooler and tranny cooler
boost fooler
zoodad mod
idm mod
ccv mod
in tank 3/8" return and 1/2" pickup mods 2 SD fuel pumps run parallel and 1/2" fuel line to the engine.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
here is what i've been looking at so far.

swamps diesel
175cc/30% nozzel stage 2 remanufactured
200cc/30% nozzel hybrids remanufactured

Ryan casserly
160cc/.00725 nozzel stage 2 new
for about $100 more he'll mill the stage 2's for any cc from 160cc up to 230cc

238cc/.00725 nozzel hybrid remanufactured or new for $400 more.

dp tuner or who do you reccomend ????
f5 chip
drive through
emmisions/low fuel
80 econo
80 tow
40 tow
140 race

turbo ????
d66 drop in
convert to late model setup and a 38r
h2e

regulated return
itp or ????
------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you feel i'll need any of the following to support the injectors and tuneing at 425-500 hp let me know.
modded or custom hpop if so which one?
head studs
comp 910 valve springs
pushrods

sorry for the long winded questions. I just don't want to do it twice to get it right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Village Idiot

Re: what injectors and chip to get ????

my 2 cents

big budget

h2e turbo is a better option for an early 99 vs the gt38 and conversion kit.
comes with its own dp you will want a hpop upgrade the new dieselsite adrenaline pump looks like a great choice, injector wise hybirds seem to be the way to go , swamps di , casserly, or beans would be my choice.

but without studs and springs i would get them tuned down a bit.

lower budget
same list but sub a d66 turbo , and stage 2 from beans .

other mods look good ie, afe2 guages , boost fooler , dp chip, 6.0 ic
i would do a v10 cooler or true cool from diesel site for 1/2 the price of the 6.0 trans cooler it held up in danny's orange truck fine.

any of the big companies can set you up with all of that
di minimes, tunning, and either a gt38r or maybe an h2e,
beans can do it,as well as swamps.

you will get the best deal by getting them to do a package.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Smarty Power!

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen

I'd give Nate at Unlimited Diesel a call on the injectors and use Matt's tunes if it were me.

As far as chargers, I don't see where the 38R is any problem for your goals. An H2E would be great if you'd like to do it all from scratch. Either the 38R or the H2E would be great chargers. I'd have a hard time suggesting a D66 for that power goal. I'd be afraid that it would get too hot personally.

Regulated return from ITP or DI would be great. I don't see where you would HAVE to upgrade fuel pumps for those RWHP goals. The stock pump ought to be able to keep up well enough.

HPOP depends on the condition of your stock pump. I'd run with the stock pump for a while after you get it done, and if you need more, bump up to a 17 or modded 17. There is no reason hybrids should need anything more than a modded 17.

Studs, valve springs, and pushrods are all probably a good idea, but not really required, depending on the driver and tuning.

Don't forget the trans. I see it's listed, but what's your idea of a "semi built" transmission? I don't know weather a good valve body and convertor would handle that power or not. I'd personally be somewhat scared of it not liking me.

Intake, gauges, boost fooler, and the 6.0 intercooler look fine. Trans cooler is personal preference.

One thing is for sure, where ever you get your injectors and your charger, tuning should come from them as well. Be it Swamps, DI, or Nate/Matt.

Jarrett Matthew

04.5 QCSB auto common rail
Smarty TnT; ISSPRO PERFORMAX
Suncoast full billet

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 05:59 PM
PSN Veteran

Just talk your goals over with the vendor of your choice.

My advice is get something that can grow with you.... Since you can't use your pedistal to accept anything but a D66, get an h2e. If your goals hover around, and will always be 400-420HP then the D66 is a good way to get there. That turbo will make more power than that but it will shorten its life if pushed harder than that on a regular basis. It is a great upgrade though over stock.

With a 238cc hybrid and an 80% nozzle, you will get you over 400 HP easily with a 15 degree hpop (proper tuning of course).

Upgrade your HPOP and you will get more fuel, and if you upgrade your h2e's compressor and 500 all day long.....

I haven't seen any hard data yet that a 100 percent nozzle has a whole lot more power potential for the price you pay in smoke for a street truck. If you wanted 550 HP and didn't want to tow or worry about smoke, then 250cc hybrid with a 100 percent nozzle and a modded h2e could net you 550HP.

Edit:
I almost forgot.... as you go up in power be prepared for upgrades to things like valve springs and installing head studs. Just be realistic with your eventual power goals because if you don't plan ahead you will spend more money in the long run....
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

the 6.0 tranny cooler is on the list of parts already on the truck.

so is it better to have 200cc-238cc hybrids with stock oil or 200cc stage 2s with the new adrenalin hpop pump? keep in mind this is a daily driver/tow rig with an ultimate goal of 425-500 hp MAX. I don't want a smoker I live in CA. and am expecting them to require a smoke test in the next few years for diesels.

the truck will rarely see the full 425+ hp maybe 2 times a year at the track. it will mostly be in an 80 hp economy or an 80 hp tow program. so with that said will the d66 work out in the long run for me?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 01:20 AM
got fuel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr66 View Post

I haven't seen any hard data yet that a 100 percent nozzle has a whole lot more power potential for the price you pay in smoke for a street truck. If you wanted 550 HP and didn't want to tow or worry about smoke, then 250cc hybrid with a 100 percent nozzle and a modded h2e could net you 550HP.

Edit:
I almost forgot.... as you go up in power be prepared for upgrades to things like valve springs and installing head studs. Just be realistic with your eventual power goals because if you don't plan ahead you will spend more money in the long run....
Hope thats me with 100% nozzles and a sledge!

97 250/95 motor, 400/300's, ts, swamps tuning,gen3, s475, Intercooled, h11 studs,a1000, built tranny. 3.55's, 237,xxx miles fastest non reg. cab obs [email protected] fuel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

94 explorer. dd
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 05:30 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
so is it better to have 200cc-238cc hybrids with stock oil or 200cc stage 2s with the new adrenalin hpop pump? keep in mind this is a daily driver/tow rig with an ultimate goal of 425-500 hp MAX. I don't want a smoker I live in CA. and am expecting them to require a smoke test in the next few years for diesels.

the truck will rarely see the full 425+ hp maybe 2 times a year at the track. it will mostly be in an 80 hp economy or an 80 hp tow program. so with that said will the d66 work out in the long run for me?
if you want close to 500 ponies go with the h2e and 238 hybrids..... you can run your 15 degree pump and make more power later with the 17 or adrenaline.... if you get the 80 percent nozzles and the right tuning you can keep the smoke under control......
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr66 View Post
if you want close to 500 ponies go with the h2e and 238 hybrids..... if you get the 80 percent nozzles and the right tuning you can keep the smoke under control......
i've read that the d66 makes more power than an h2e unless it's modded. is this true?
who's hybrids to buy?
swamps 200cc reman $2250
swamps 250cc reman $2950
casserly 238cc reman $2250
casserly 238cc completely new $2650
both swamps and casserly claim to be able to rebuild the popet/oil end of the injector not just the fuel side. so which is better reman or new?

unlimited diesel has no website info on their injectors.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 08:57 PM
PSN Local

True on the D66. I don't know about more power, but it does flow more air. I like mine, but have a tad of surge in higher gears under load. Hoping an ATS housing will fix it. If I had it to do all over again, I would definitely go modded H2E. Then you open up a whole new world of turbos later on. I also would have went with 230ish hybrids.

Silver 00 4x4 ex cab lb
305 70 16's
DIY Tymar
5" stack
Modded H2E from ctperformanceinc.com
180cc AA's
DP Tuner F5
Full Jimmy Converse trans / converter
6.0 trans cooler
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVJAY775 View Post
True on the D66. I don't know about more power, but it does flow more air. I like mine, but have a tad of surge in higher gears under load. Hoping an ATS housing will fix it. If I had it to do all over again, I would definitely go modded H2E. Then you open up a whole new world of turbos later on. I also would have went with 230ish hybrids.
what egts are you seeing towing and what hp tow tune are you useing?
in your experiance with stage 2 180's and the d66 how do you think a set of 200cc hybrids and a d66 would work togeather also is the 1.15 exaust housing needed? I know they won't make 500hp but 400-450 is ok.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode