Who's currently running PMRs and bigger injectors - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Who's currently running PMRs and bigger injectors

With 6000 people on here it's hard to keep it all straight on who's running what. How long have you been running them and what tooning do you use?

I'm thinking of going with some stage two's or hybrids. Future plans would be a new clutch SB OFE and a gpr38r and a regulated return and that's it. I tow often and sometimes heavy.

I know there's been issues in the past with stage 2's and pmrs but it sounds like there are some safer ways now?

If I go with hybrids, what nozzle size would be good?

2002 F-350 Dually 4X4, 6spd,
Swamps 200cc Hybrids & Tunes
OEM PMR's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 01:57 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker
Re: Who's currently running PMRs and bigger injectors

call up Nate at Unlimited. I know he is making some smaller hybrids just for towing and stuff. And I know Matt is doing some good tuning with a couple trucks running 238cc hybrids and PMR's

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 02:16 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_stroker View Post
call up Nate at Unlimited. I know he is making some smaller hybrids just for towing and stuff. And I know Matt is doing some good tuning with a couple trucks running 238cc hybrids and PMR's

I ran stage 2's for about 50k and hybrids for about 20k without issue... Ran DP Tuner for that entire time. My PMR's are just fine.

I am now running Forged rods and Hybrids with a H2e...

I have no fear of PMR's and stage 2's, or Hybrids and stock nozzles and PMR's.
Kainers on here ran his PMR's to well over 450hp with B codes, and Jodys tunes the entire time...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 02:24 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak

300cc b-codes with .012 edm nozzles and a 38r with lott's tunes. no problems at all. i would either go with DI or swamps...just make sure you use the same person for both injectors and tunes.

2005 F350 prairie tan/black crew cab FX4 innovative tunes, exhaust

PMRCM#1
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 02:35 PM
The Fireman

Back on topic.... I have never had PMR's just know what I have been told by talking with them. But I agree with Doug, I would get the Tuning and the Injectors from the same place.

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Smarty Power!

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen

Jarrett Matthew

04.5 QCSB auto common rail
Smarty TnT; ISSPRO PERFORMAX
Suncoast full billet
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 04:29 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post

I have no fear of PMR's and stage 2's, or Hybrids and stock nozzles and PMR's.
Kainers on here ran his PMR's to well over 450hp with B codes, and Jodys tunes the entire time...
I think it was 489? with some B-codes...
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 04:42 PM
PSN Veteran

It's not the horsepower, it's the torque (or excess cylinder pressure) that kills PMRs. A hybrid with a 80 percent nozzle would allow great drivability and if you keep the torque safe down low, you can have the fuel you need to allow the power to peak at 3200 rpms for example. So you could have well over 400 hp as long at it is in the higher rpm ranges.....

I did a customer's truck running these and the tow file never breaks 1000 degrees with a TN BB and makes more power than stock injectors turned all the way up.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 05:27 PM
F250 Black Cloud Edition

I ran mine for about 9000 miles with stage 2s and a dp pmr tune. Switched in the new built tranny the day after christmas. And mine let go on the way home the same night. Not beating on it, soon as it shifted into od, it windowed my block.

02 F250. Turbonetics, SRP1, Tim from P.I.S built Hybrids, Built Trans, Afe Stage 2, HPX line. Tuned by Jonathan from Beans, 4 inch exhaust, with the muffler. Triple Phantom 2 gauges. Forged Rods and with another block. 500hp.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 05:42 PM
The Fireman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotti2k7 View Post
I ran mine for about 9000 miles with stage 2s and a dp pmr tune. Switched in the new built tranny the day after christmas. And mine let go on the way home the same night. Not beating on it, soon as it shifted into od, it windowed my block.
Where you in the 80e tune

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode