For Those of You w/ Fuel Bowl Deletes - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

For Those of You w/ Fuel Bowl Deletes

Hey all,
I am running a new fuel supply line from my pump to the engine. The heads will be fed from the back. I currently have the stock feed adapted into a y-block (link). I have a stacked HPOP system I have built and am trying to fit the feed onto the d-side valvecover - but with the ICP sensor, OT sensor and other wiring, i think it's going to be a tight fit. My goal is to keep it as clean and simple as possible and not have to run fuel line all over the place.
Just looking for some ideas from other people who have done this. Any insight/pics appreciated.
Thanks,
Chase

2002 F250
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 09:15 PM
PSN Local

Send a message via Yahoo to trick76cj5
Re: For Those of You w/ Fuel Bowl Deletes

I will try to get some pics uploaded for you in the next day or two. .. my card reader is currently broke. I just used a 90* fitting to get in there.

- Brad

01 F250 4X4 Super Cab
6" Pro Comp Lift 315 75 16 SuperSwamper SSR's
Built 97 engine, Dynomite BD's, Swamp's Gen III, H2E, Comp 910's, BWD Pushrods, H-11 Headstuds, BTS Tranny, 5" mitre cut stacks.

495/952

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Subject Matter Expert

I have the same fuel block as you do, i've ran 30R9 to the block from the pump as well. I have the DI kit that feeds from the rear. Here is a picture that highlights my new Terminators but you can see the y-block right below the gauge on the regulator. It's a very clean way to do it i think, before i had the delete with the single pump, and i just laid the y-block in the valley on the pump and it looked rather ugly compared to this. Its easy to move aside if you need to, it's not secured tight but won't move. If you want i can take a much closer picture of the Y block as i'm headed out now to investigate a pesky oil leak that just appeared.

Stock

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Banned

All I want to say to DSD is by looking at your front cover with the thin aluminum shoulder around the inside of the o-ring on the driver's side lube oil "feed" side you have the old style front cover as I did.

If you ever get a gasket kit for your truck they have since updated the front cover to one that does not have that shoulder anymore and the gasket actually has a thin piece of aluminum plate that holds the gasket and includes a little screen. It has a blue o-ring instead of the black of the old gaskets.

If you ever see this gasket set it on fire and throw it as far from yourself as you can before starting to vomit because you were so close to having to yank your engine because of a gasket...

If you EVER put that gasket on your truck with that style front cover (yes Ford will sell it to you even for YOUR year) you WILL break the front cover when the sheet keeps that side from seating down and pops the ear on that little bolt hold hanging out the driver's side on the very end. Then you will have a tiny, tiny little leak of lube oil around the bottom of that bolt through the busted front cover.

Yes......after swapping my cracked pickup tube my engine ran for about 10 minutes before the leak was detected and after I got done vomiting, had three heart-attacks back to back to back, and was revived by the guys at Swamps I took that engine RIGHT back the F out and put a new front cover on it and stuffed it RIGHT back in.

Yes, I want to slap someone at Ford so hard they lose at least one tooth.

It happened to another truck after mine even after I saw the blue gasket sitting over there and said at least three times, "You know you can't use that gasket with your front cover because it WILL crack it right". Got a call the next day, man, my front cover is leaking......

Just throwing that out there. Always get the black front cover o-ring without the screen and plate or you will crack the front cover and be pulling the engine out over a F'ing gasket.

Climbs off soapbox and takes a deep breath...
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick76cj5 View Post
I will try to get some pics uploaded for you in the next day or two. .. my card reader is currently broke. I just used a 90* fitting to get in there.
Brad, that would be awesome & I would really appreciate it if you can. If not, no big deal. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerstrokeJunkie View Post
I have the same fuel block as you do, i've ran 30R9 to the block from the pump as well. I have the DI kit that feeds from the rear. Here is a picture that highlights my new Terminators but you can see the y-block right below the gauge on the regulator. It's a very clean way to do it i think, before i had the delete with the single pump, and i just laid the y-block in the valley on the pump and it looked rather ugly compared to this. Its easy to move aside if you need to, it's not secured tight but won't move. If you want i can take a much closer picture of the Y block as i'm headed out now to investigate a pesky oil leak that just appeared.
PSDJunkie,
Thanks a lot for the response - I am considering putting my y-block right where you have yours and am glad to see it can fit. Are you running a 45* hose end off of both y-block outlets? Also, is your engine lift hook still there?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
All I want to say to DSD is by looking at your front cover with the thin aluminum shoulder around the inside of the o-ring on the driver's side lube oil "feed" side you have the old style front cover as I did.

If you ever get a gasket kit for your truck they have since updated the front cover to one that does not have that shoulder anymore and the gasket actually has a thin piece of aluminum plate that holds the gasket and includes a little screen. It has a blue o-ring instead of the black of the old gaskets.

If you ever see this gasket set it on fire and throw it as far from yourself as you can before starting to vomit because you were so close to having to yank your engine because of a gasket...

If you EVER put that gasket on your truck with that style front cover (yes Ford will sell it to you even for YOUR year) you WILL break the front cover when the sheet keeps that side from seating down and pops the ear on that little bolt hold hanging out the driver's side on the very end. Then you will have a tiny, tiny little leak of lube oil around the bottom of that bolt through the busted front cover.

Yes......after swapping my cracked pickup tube my engine ran for about 10 minutes before the leak was detected and after I got done vomiting, had three heart-attacks back to back to back, and was revived by the guys at Swamps I took that engine RIGHT back the F out and put a new front cover on it and stuffed it RIGHT back in.

Yes, I want to slap someone at Ford so hard they lose at least one tooth.

It happened to another truck after mine even after I saw the blue gasket sitting over there and said at least three times, "You know you can't use that gasket with your front cover because it WILL crack it right". Got a call the next day, man, my front cover is leaking......

Just throwing that out there. Always get the black front cover o-ring without the screen and plate or you will crack the front cover and be pulling the engine out over a F'ing gasket.

Climbs off soapbox and takes a deep breath...
Charles, thank you for pointing this out. I did not know anything about there being a new front cover. I will be sure to avoid that chit like the plague. Do you have a source for getting the older style gasket kits (does Ford still have them?
I also looked at your fuel feed set up and like it a lot w/ the tee fitting, but I would like to reuse my y-block if I can

Thanks again for the helps guys and I will keep checking back etc.
Chase

2002 F250
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 11:32 PM
HRT Performance

Listen to Charlie!!! Great advice I wish I had on the front cover gasket.....

I cracked my cover while on the stand and I didn't catch it until I started it...... Since there would be no way for me to make IRP with pulling the motor, I JB welded my front cover while it was still in the truck. JB weld was still wet when I started the truck to load it on the trailer, but it has held ever since. Talk about a sick feeling in your stomach.......

Jason

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 11:34 PM
HRT Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowDiesel View Post
Do you have a source for getting the older style gasket kits (does Ford still have them?
I still have a new gasket in the package down in the truck I'll post up the P/N later tonight when I have a chance to go down and get it.

Jason

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodTractor View Post
Listen to Charlie!!! Great advice I wish I had on the front cover gasket.....

I cracked my cover while on the stand and I didn't catch it until I started it...... Since there would be no way for me to make IRP with pulling the motor, I JB welded my front cover while it was still in the truck. JB weld was still wet when I started the truck to load it on the trailer, but it has held ever since. Talk about a sick feeling in your stomach.......

Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodTractor View Post
I still have a new gasket in the package down in the truck I'll post up the P/N later tonight when I have a chance to go down and get it.

Jason
Awesome Jason, thanks for the help - that's useful for everyone to know. Maybe someone can make a sticky out of that info alone?
Thanks
Chase

2002 F250
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 12:18 AM
HRT Performance

Ford P/N F6TZ-6619-AA

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 12:33 AM
wantbetech

off the subject, but did you say you made your own hpop set up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode