boost fooler/. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

boost fooler/.

Alright i got my 7.3 all together have about 2500 miles on it since i rebuilt it runnin great, now for more power, i already gutted my ebpv did the cold air intake deleted my muffler, and ordered my chip from php with the 120race tune. ok now should i do anything else like a boost fooler or fuel pump mods or anything else that would make "safe" hp. i realy have no idea what good if any a boost fooler will do for a stock turbo truck.

2000 f250 ECSB Dually 4.10s 305/70/16, 4x4 7.3 zf6 200k miles
Php hydra chip PHP tuned! 4" exhaust, stock turbo(ww2, turbomaster wastage actuator, gutted ebpv), FRX, 160/30 sticks SB 1939-CB single clutch, home brew water setup for when i'm pulling hay through the mountains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 12:51 AM
PSN Local

Re: boost fooler/.

all it does is keep your map sensor from seeing 25lb of boost and keep the computor from going into defuel mode. look at ITP,s site as they have a fix for 4o buks or so that fixes it with an air regulator. Engine light will stay off.

Fully SWAMPED motor. GTX4294r, 300cc 200%, BTS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

oh i see i dont think im gonna be makeing 25psi unless the new chip does somthing cause right now all im seein is 16 or 17 psi max

2000 f250 ECSB Dually 4.10s 305/70/16, 4x4 7.3 zf6 200k miles
Php hydra chip PHP tuned! 4" exhaust, stock turbo(ww2, turbomaster wastage actuator, gutted ebpv), FRX, 160/30 sticks SB 1939-CB single clutch, home brew water setup for when i'm pulling hay through the mountains.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 12:56 AM
PSN Local

your new chip might just change the boost you see from STOCK

2000 F-250 Supercab/Shortbed 6-speed
Swamp Ass Hybrids, Swamp Ass tuning, Stage 1 Oil, 38R, Southbend Clutch.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 12:58 AM
PSN Local

with a 120hp chip i am sure you will hit 25lbs. what till you have it installed and go from there. You will see that when you stomp on the go pedal and hold it their for a few that your engine like will come on. No big deal. But if you want to use every bit of HP that you payed for then you will need it.

Fully SWAMPED motor. GTX4294r, 300cc 200%, BTS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 01:08 AM
PSN Veteran

No boost fooler necessary with my tuning.... I figure PHP could do the same since I used thier software to make my tunes.... Bill?
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 01:11 AM
PSN Local

Dont some "no codes" still need a boost fooler, matt?

2000 F-250 Supercab/Shortbed 6-speed
Swamp Ass Hybrids, Swamp Ass tuning, Stage 1 Oil, 38R, Southbend Clutch.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 01:16 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedog View Post
Dont some "no codes" still need a boost fooler, matt?
IDK how everyone else does theirs... all my tunes are ture no code tunes because who pays attentention when they get an ICP light.... it's just an annoyance right? No boost fooler is required on mine, I had to dig deep to figure out the parameters to make it happen, and my street tunes don't hit full fuel untill you get 22 psi to keep em clean so if you did use a boost fooler with my tunes it wouldn't get full fuel.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 02:43 AM
War Pig

I can hit 27 psi after installing ITPs overboost innihilator. Cost me $58 shipped. I think it was well worth it.

Chad

04 F350, CC, LB, 4X4 Fat Bottom Girl....Butt A$$ Stock

SOLD>>>'00 F250, DP-Tuner, 5" Straight Pipe, S&B intake, autometer, Racer X TC and VB, Full Force Stage 1, prepump/in-tank mod, Annihilator, 203*

ET: 5.024 250' Mud Track
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 04:09 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybuller View Post
Alright i got my 7.3 all together have about 2500 miles on it since i rebuilt it runnin great, now for more power, i already gutted my ebpv did the cold air intake deleted my muffler, and ordered my chip from php with the 120race tune. ok now should i do anything else like a boost fooler or fuel pump mods or anything else that would make "safe" hp. i realy have no idea what good if any a boost fooler will do for a stock turbo truck.
Hey Jay,

Got your order processed just now and now it moves to Bill's desk. (Sweet price with the way you designed the chip! I had to go back and check it because I thought I'd entered something wrong!)

I told Bill about your question, and he'll pop on here when he gets a minute.

Thanks for the order!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444-4D View Post
The reason you can't get any radio stations is so it will be quiet enough in the cab to hear your rods escape.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode