Latest mods gave me another mpg pop, gain .5mpg - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Latest mods gave me another mpg pop, gain .5mpg

In the spring, we installed powdercoated bellowed up-pipes, magnaflow 3.5 dp exhaust, non-ebpv pedistal and exhaust flange, ATS housing, turbomaster wastegate controller and the ITP regulated return. I just made my annual run from NY to FL and last year I got 18.3 with stock tuning and this year I got 18.9 at 70 mph with stock. With 40t at 74 mph, I got 17.9, 60t at 70 mph gave me 19.98 (almost got that illusive 20 mpg), and 60t at 74 gave me 18.5. In all the settings I got about .5mpg or so higher than the previous year. My truck is a cc, short bed, 4x4, with a cap that has a mild bump.
This year I did not run the 80e for a lack of understanding about the rumors that surround it.
I am not sure what gave the bump, but these are my best numbers in the stock setting in my 9 trips to FL.
On another note, the magnaflow exhaust is very quiet at highway speeds.

2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:07 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Latest mods gave me another mpg pop, gain .5mpg

Sounds good. That is some great numbers. I usually get my best mileage from running in my tow modes too...

How did you go about powedercoating the up-pipes. I didn't think powder would hold up to the temps? Did you mean ceramic coated?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Oh crap, sorry I meant ceramic coating. I am not sure if it helped at all, it looks nice and clean though.

2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:41 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale View Post
Oh crap, sorry I meant ceramic coating. I am not sure if it helped at all, it looks nice and clean though.

Cool that is kinda what I figured. I had gotten my up-pipes uncoated since I was hoping to figure out how to ceramic coat them myself. It is quite the trade secret .. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode