best chip for the money and power - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

best chip for the money and power

Alright i have a few hundred dollars to spend, whitch chip or tuner should i get, never had a deisel before or had a tuner so dont know much bout them i know i want to have a settijng to get better mpg and a setting for going fast and blowing smoke, so witch one should i get, ive seen on here a lot of people promoting the dp's and the tw's but i cant tell if its the people sellin them doing the promoting or just people having good luck with them, from the sounds of it those two are the best but again those might be partial to those products. let me know, i got my gauges on and going, and my new motor in and running great. Also wanted a tune that can mabey firm up my tranny shifting or at least make the shift points better?

2000 f250 ECSB Dually 4.10s 305/70/16, 4x4 7.3 zf6 200k miles
Php hydra chip PHP tuned! 4" exhaust, stock turbo(ww2, turbomaster wastage actuator, gutted ebpv), FRX, 160/30 sticks SB 1939-CB single clutch, home brew water setup for when i'm pulling hay through the mountains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 04:02 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: best chip for the money and power

I run a Diesel Innovations 6 pos and absolutely LOVE it!

I'd go with them, or Swamps, or Matt @ Gearhead Automotive Performance.

Remember that with a 2002 you have PMR's. So make sure you have a good tuner.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 04:06 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via MSN to samdust

dp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2001 f-250,7.3,4x4,cc
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CORNFED RANGER

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 04:07 PM
JDG's #1 Fan

Send a message via AIM to 99F250Smitty

Take a look at PowerHungryPerformance. Pretty reasonable pricing, and they are running a sale this week.

Brian

post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99F250Smitty View Post
Take a look at PowerHungryPerformance. Pretty reasonable pricing, and they are running a sale this week.
X2
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Banned

The cheapest option in terms of dollar per hp gained is to reflash the PCM.

Jody will do this for ~$75. I'm sure Bill would do it if you sent him your PCM. Matt may do it as well.

By far the best bang for the buck in terms of programming.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

alright now with the reflashing, will it be set to one hp seting or are you able to change them with the flip of a switch? whats the difference between installing a chip and getting the pcm reflashed?

2000 f250 ECSB Dually 4.10s 305/70/16, 4x4 7.3 zf6 200k miles
Php hydra chip PHP tuned! 4" exhaust, stock turbo(ww2, turbomaster wastage actuator, gutted ebpv), FRX, 160/30 sticks SB 1939-CB single clutch, home brew water setup for when i'm pulling hay through the mountains.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybuller View Post
alright now with the reflashing, will it be set to one hp seting or are you able to change them with the flip of a switch? whats the difference between installing a chip and getting the pcm reflashed?
Obviously if you flash the PCM EEPROM there's no changing it without flashing it again.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 06:23 PM

I have a TW programed chip and really like it. With that being said I just ordered an F6 chip from DP to try out. I like the fact that I can upload new tunes from my computer like a tuner but still have the switch on the fly.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Lovin the Tuna

for the $ i would just flash a tune on the PCM, but get a chip if you want to do different things (tow, race or hot rod around, MPG, etc) so you can switch. TW, DP, DI, Swamps, Gearhead, PHP all are good custom tunes with good pricing. I personally run DP tuner and love it.

2001 F250
2000 F250

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode