BTS trans pump or pump mod?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

BTS trans pump or pump mod??

I feel my truck is loosing a lot till the TC locks..Brian said his pump will take care of that..$250...I know the transgo tugger kit has a pump mod in it..$125 bucks..I already have BTS VB..whats the diff's and witch way should I go on the pump? my Trans was rebuilt about 8000 miles ago..stock pump, BTS VB and a billet triple disk TC..thanks guy's

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 F250 7.3 IDI plow truck 112k - bone stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 06:08 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: BTS trans pump or pump mod??

If you have a BTS valve body, then you already have a Transgo Tugger kit. I wouldn't buy it twice.

For Sale: 2000 F350, black cc sb 4x4
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

the tugger kit has a pump mod in it..i didnt know if it was the same as using the BTS pump for half the cost...spare parts are always nice to have....

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Failure to Communicate

The tugger kit doesn't have all the pump parts that BTS upgrades in the pump

96 F250 CC SB 4x4
DIY or Die Tryin-Fuel, Trans, Lifted and Stroked
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 06:48 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron's power stroke View Post
the tugger kit has a pump mod in it..i didnt know if it was the same as using the BTS pump for half the cost...spare parts are always nice to have....
What I am saying is, you probably already have the pump mod. (the pump mod is probably just a way to increase line pressure and not an actual part that goes inside the pump)

A pump mod is not the same as a Modded Pump. I would not buy the tugger kit, because you already have payed for it from Brian when you bought his valve body. Buy the pump and it will probably fix your problem if you trust what Brian says.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

thanks guy's..sounds like a BTS pump is what i need then..

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 12:12 AM
PSN Veteran

Just to elaborate further, a tugger kit is basically a shift kit and can be installed in the transmission without removing the transmission from the truck. Brian uses the transgo tugger kit to tune the valve body that you purchased from him. I don't think another shift kit is going to fix anything.

And just to clarify, I am not a tranny builder and I do not know what is wrong with your transmission. I am not telling you that a new pump from Brian will fix your problem. I am just trying to save you money by telling you that you don't need to buy parts that you already have. That seems like it will ultimately cost you more time and money and not solve your problem.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 02:26 AM
PSN Local

Suncoast make the tugger kit, and they also make a kit which since you are replacing you tC it also replaces some springs in the pump as well since its behing the pump. Contact suncoast as to what you have has installed to make sure you dont pay for the same thing twice. tugger ? $75 the other with pump mad $125?.

hope this helps

Fully SWAMPED motor. GTX4294r, 300cc 200%, BTS
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 01:50 AM
Colorado PowerStroke Club

Send a message via MSN to shayb

Good grief, Suncoast does not make the Tugger Kit - Transgo does. Suncoast might use the Transgo Tugger Kit, and they also might modify it (like many trans builders do), but they do not make the Tugger Kit.

The best thing to do is if you have already started out with parts from BTS, then just do what Brian says is going to work best for you. Unlike many others, he is not out to squeeze as much money as possible out of you. In fact, Brian is way busy right now. Last I heard consistently three trans on the list to be built. He simply is not the kind of guy who just wants to rake anyone over the coals. He believes in what comes around, goes around and lives by it every day. He will treat you right, and always be honest with you. If you have told him up front that you simply do not have the funds to have a full rebuild on your trans, he will take that into account for your suituation.
It sounds like you've already talked to Brian about this, if he told you that his pump will fix things. Trust him. If for some reason that does not fix it, I'm sure he will do right by you.

Colorado Power Stroke Club & Colorado Diesel Truck Club Co-Founder

My pictures:

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 02:24 AM
PSN Veteran

Wait... is the OP saying that the power really isn't hitting the pavement until the converter locks? If so then you are simply flashing the hell out of the converter until it locks. If you ever pull the trans for any reason get a good converter as well to help you put more power to the ground before the converter locks....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode