2001 Cab Removal - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

2001 Cab Removal

Been checking out things around here, Does anybody have a good list of the things to undo or remove for removing the cab on a 2001 7.3 for studs and injectors. Just trying to get a game plan together to make everthing as smooth as possible when doing it. I will be using a lift to lift it.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 03:57 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: 2001 Cab Removal

I am pretty sure you can do injectors and studs without pulling the cab on a 7.3. I have heard of many people who have done it. Someone will chime in with tips to do it with out pulling the cab.

2001 F250, CCSB, 4X4, Auto, Forged rods
Lots of go fast parts and still slow.

2001 F250, STD cab, 2WD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Frame is a little shorter now
workin on body
engine build underway

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 04:12 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbilly420 View Post
I am pretty sure you can do injectors and studs without pulling the cab on a 7.3. I have heard of many people who have done it. Someone will chime in with tips to do it with out pulling the cab.
No need to pull the cab for injectors or studs.

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Got Whistle?

in theory pulling the cab/motor makes the job much nicer. laying over the motor for 10hours swearing cant really be that fun, hell I hate taking the turbo out.

08 F350 Lariat
Blacked
IDP tuned SCT
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 06:35 PM
PSN Veteran

Thats where the top side creeper is REAL NICE.

2001 F250, STD cab, 2WD

workin on body
engine build underway

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Edward Scissorhand WanaB

Quote:
Thats where the top side creeper is REAL NICE.

Injectors and studs were installed in my truck. Started on a Saturday and finished on a Sunday.
Remove 14 little screws on the passenger side at the a/c airbox to gain access to the back of the head. If needed loosen motor mounts and trans.mounting bolts at the cross member and jack the engine side to side as needed.

"Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs"

2000 F-250 Lariat, CC, 4x4, LWB,
A few mods to make it better than stock.
250cc hybrids, Stealth stage II HPOP, H-11 Headstuds, Strickly Diesel Reg. Return Fuel, Spearco 6.0 IC, Garrett 38r 1.15 hsg, BTS transmission, Gearhead Tuning
"The Smoke Don't Mean Its Broke"
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 12:19 AM
PSN Veteran

We always pull the motor or the cab to do studs/injectors ina 7.3. Being as we can have the cab off in an hour or two, it makes sense and gives a LOT more room.

pull the fan and shroud, ic tubes and boots, batteries, wiring harness, bat wires, ground on the firewall, battery grounds, starter wire, and ground under passenger side front door, disconnect the tranny/body harnesses under the fusebox under the hood, steering shaft, brake lines and ps lines, abs wires in the wheel wells, and lay the ac compressor over to the side (no need to evac ac). then unbolt the cab bolts from inside and away you go. Dont forget if you have any misc wires for a stereo or your gauges. I might have missed a few things, but thats the gist of it. If anyone sees anything i missed please post up!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 01:51 PM
PSN Veteran

If I had the means of lifting the cab I would definitely do it that way.

2001 F250, STD cab, 2WD

workin on body
engine build underway

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
If I had the means of lifting the cab I would definitely do it that way.

Thats what im guessing, standing on my feet instead of hanging over the front end sounds alot better. Might take some time to pull it but the studs injectors and glow plugs should go alot smoother.

Thanks for the list aggie.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 04:39 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie View Post
We always pull the motor or the cab to do studs/injectors ina 7.3. Being as we can have the cab off in an hour or two, it makes sense and gives a LOT more room.

pull the fan and shroud, ic tubes and boots, batteries, wiring harness, bat wires, ground on the firewall, battery grounds, starter wire, and ground under passenger side front door, disconnect the tranny/body harnesses under the fusebox under the hood, steering shaft, brake lines and ps lines, abs wires in the wheel wells, and lay the ac compressor over to the side (no need to evac ac). then unbolt the cab bolts from inside and away you go. Dont forget if you have any misc wires for a stereo or your gauges. I might have missed a few things, but thats the gist of it. If anyone sees anything i missed please post up!
e-brake cable, trans shifter or shift cable and cooler lines, fog lamp connector.. man i can't believe you forgot those aggie j/k good list

but just taker easy going up, maby an inch or so at a time checking everything is loose till you gain enough clearence to send it on up

LUKE

2002 CCLB AUT0 4X4

S&B, DI/PRICOL GAUGES, CCV, ZOODAD, TS CHIP-MATT AT GEARHEAD,
38R, ADRENALINE, SWAMP'S IDM, 4" T/B MBRP
05 CONVERSION, 4 INCH LIFT, 325/65-18 FIERCE ATTITUDE M/T
WILSON 5000 GALAXY DX66

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode