STAGE III HYBRIDS & BROKEN RODS - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Military Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to drtydzel
STAGE III HYBRIDS & BROKEN RODS

Need some advice im looking at injectors and heavily considering Hybrids due to "Not needing Dual or Larger HPOP" what is everyone's advice on this matter I looking at something in the 200-250 range. And who's stage III would you purchase. I do plan on getting a HPOP setup later but dont want to sacrifice my ability to use my truck till I can afford one. But the other question is are my rods in the danger zone with this set up if I do opt for these injectors. My current truck set up is listed in my signature thanks for your help.

In the market for a 99-02 F350
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:33 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: STAGE III HYBRIDS & BROKEN RODS

It is a good debate..... Just keep the tuning reasonable and not over torque the hell out of the motor and you should be okay. You won't be in the "danger zone" but it is still a crap shoot.... I did a PMR truck with 238cc and 80% nozzles and just kept the torque down and was able to peak the power around 3000 rpms. Probably around 425 HP but still safe IMO.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Edward Scissorhand WanaB

Do you think that TN he has listed in his signature is going to like those hybrids?
I know mine hates it above 25psi.- 35psi.
Just has no more pull up there.

"Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2000 F-250 Lariat, CC, 4x4, LWB,
A few mods to make it better than stock.
250cc hybrids, Stealth stage II HPOP, H-11 Headstuds, Strickly Diesel Reg. Return Fuel, Spearco 6.0 IC, Garrett 38r 1.15 hsg, BTS transmission, Gearhead Tuning
"The Smoke Don't Mean Its Broke"

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:58 PM
PSN Veteran

Actually the truck I worked with hat the trubonetics BB.... and yes the hottest tune makes no more than 27psi...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 10:25 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

I was making over 40psi with my TN BB... with jodys tunes...

To the OP, keep the tuning sane and you should be fine. There is always a chance, even with billet rods something is going to happen. I ran hybrids and PMRs for about 25k with no issues.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 10:31 PM
PSN Local

Is that a BB TN, if it runs out of steam up top it is probably a JB with the .84 housing, No?

Josh

2000 F350 205,000
STAGE II SPLITS 100%
STEALTH SRP1
TYRANT TUNES
38R TURBO
BTS VALVE BODY
WALBRO 392
SCANGAUGE
ISSPRO
MORE STUFF
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Military Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to drtydzel

Well sorry guess I should have said this it is not a BB TN to clear that up. And am I going to have to have my chip redone with the new injectors you guys are a lot of help on here thanks again for your time.

In the market for a 99-02 F350
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Smarty Power!

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen

If you're worried about rods leave it stock. If you're worried about rods and injectors, refer to the first sentence in my post.

If you have PMR's you're GREATLY increasing your risk once you do anything above stock injectors. No matter what.

Is it worth popping an engine and rodding a block? To me, no. To you it might be different.

Jarrett Matthew

04.5 QCSB auto common rail
Smarty TnT; ISSPRO PERFORMAX
Suncoast full billet
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 11:17 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
I was making over 40psi with my TN BB... with jodys tunes...
mild tunes on this truck and boost is not a measure of power. I can make a 38r make 38 or 32 lbs of boost and both tunes are within 5hp of each other....
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 11:26 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr66 View Post
mild tunes on this truck and boost is not a measure of power. I can make a 38r make 38 or 32 lbs of boost and both tunes are within 5hp of each other....

I understand that boost is not a measure of power... I was stating that there is no point at which that turbo stops making boost, I had it up to 50psi before... It was stupid hot, but it would do it.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode