Intalled 6pos - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
De-pmr'd

Intalled 6pos

Well after having the truck for a little while, and being pretty unhappy with banks chip that was on the truck, I had talked to Matt at Gearhead Automotive Performance to see what would be right for me. We settled on Heavy Tow, No Start/anti-theft, Economy, Street Muscle, Street Fury, and All Out.
All I can say is WOW what an improvement over banks, the banks was always set on 120hp and was way too touchy at lower speeds with the 6 spd. And it also by SOTP it seems to work alot better with the water meth too. The biggest improvement was how much smoother it seemed, not just at low speeds, but overall too.
The customer service was great too, I had emailed him on a saturday night, and he had told me to call him the next day since we had decided what settings. I was really surprised that on a sunday afternoon he took the time to talk it all over with me and take my order. And has even emailed me to see how the install went and how the tunes are working for me.
Thanks again Matt, just wanted to say I appreciate all the help

2002 F-250 handshaker Daily Driver
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

100hp club member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 12:20 AM
ol' powerhouse

Re: Intalled 6pos

my buddy has a 2000 f250 with a ts performance 6 poosition chip. he was happier than a fat kid with a cupcake. I personally have a bully dog 6 position and havent had any problems yet.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
De-pmr'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush1 View Post
my buddy has a 2000 f250 with a ts performance 6 poosition chip. he was happier than a fat kid with a cupcake. I personally have a bully dog 6 position and havent had any problems yet.
I had the non adjustable banks big hoss, I love being able to just switch on the fly. And the tunes are so much smoother too, but just as strong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

100hp club member

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 01:08 AM
Ticking time bomb

just as strong. you mean a lot stronger banks dont even come close to making the same hp
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 01:17 AM
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"

can't beat great customer service.

2004 f250 egr delete,studded,fass 95,suncoast convertor,itp RR,Banks intercooler,58v tuned ficm,Powermax turbo,Matts tunes,6in Icon and 35 toyos 20x12 fuels
Early 99 exlb 4wd-SOLD All Shaeffer oil
Will Iott -8/24/84-7/4/10 "We miss you buddy"
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
De-pmr'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by groomzybanshe View Post
just as strong. you mean a lot stronger banks dont even come close to making the same hp
True, it makes more power but it feels a ton smoother at the same time.

And like chappy said, great customer service.

100hp club member
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 01:37 AM
New Guy

Send a message via AIM to KAC1023

It's hard to drive "normal" after a chip, but keep us informed on your MPG. I have the bullydog and drive with it on stock, with 33's and 4.10's I get around 15-18mpg.

2007 STS-V for sale, looking to get back into a Super Duty. Cars on eBay, user name KAC1023
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
De-pmr'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC1023 View Post
It's hard to drive "normal" after a chip, but keep us informed on your MPG. I have the bullydog and drive with it on stock, with 33's and 4.10's I get around 15-18mpg.
yea the whole conservative driving thing went to chit-as far as mpg goes, I live in knoxville, tn, I bought the truck just outside of atl. ga. it had the mods in my sig minus water meth and the wicked wheel. Almost all highway at 65-70mph on that trip I got 18mpg. On average since its been here, i'm getting 15-16mpg, but thats also with a heavy foot just horsin around half the time. But since this chip, so far the past couple of tanks i've been trying to see about better mpg(I said trying ok? i'm workin on it) and I've been getting a little over 17, and thats with somewhat usage of go pedal to floor contact. I'm going to do my best to stay out of it for the next several tanks and see what I can bet out of it with the econ tune, i'm hopin for around 19.

100hp club member
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Quality Built!

It takes 5-10 tanks of fuel before you seen an improvement in your MPGs Glad to hear she is still doing great for you man.

Justin (JD)

2000 F-250 CC SB Lariat 4x4 Auto

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 01:38 PM
A Ghost these days...

Matt is a good guy to work with. The chip was a great improvement for me also. I dont know about a MPG improvement. I still cant keep my foot out of long enough to tell. Good job Matt.

2002 F-250 4X4 Flatbed

~Cryo'd Forged Rods ~Comp 910's ~DI Push Rods ~ARP Studs ~IH Up-pipes ~GTP38R/1.15 ~238/80's ~Fuelab ~Built Auto ~Matt's Tunes ~Water Inj. ~Gooseneck Brand Flatbed

Rockin' Out with some help from: Alpine / Rockford Fosgate / Memphis / Infinity

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode