7.3L Mods - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

7.3L Mods

Whats up all, i am new to the PSN and i am looking to do some mods to my 01 F250. I dont have the time to wrench on it myself and wanted to know of some good places to go to. I have a buddy that had BWD in Iowa do some mods on his and all i can say is WOW !! i didn't know diesels could run that good. On a side note i am not all that rich so i dont want to get into a full build. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 04:01 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: 7.3L Mods

How much money got, this will tell us what you can do
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 04:03 AM
That thing got a Cummins?

Get a couple of tunes from any tuner on here,4 or 5 inch exaust,and an air intake. Should have around 1200 dollars in it maybe a little more. All it takes to install is about a six pack and 4 hours of time on a saturday.

Ford makes it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, I break it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 F350 CCLB 4x4 Broke Built Auto

2000 Dodge 3500 5 Speed 4x4 450k and Counting

2001 Dodge 3500 6 speed 4x4 Fully loaded

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

I would like to stay below $5k, but mostly want it to be reliable. I have read about alot of bad experiences on the forum and dont have the cash to rebuild an entire motor if i put a rod through the block.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 04:14 AM

Dad's had a chip/ tuner on his truck since day one on his 01(bought brand new). Has always ran great and it has 145000 miles on it now. If you don't want to take any chances at all with the motor, just do the exuast and air intake. All the tuners on here are good at what they do, but a chip is a performance mod, and very,very,very rarely, bad things can and do happen. You know you are going to run it, not just put around in your truck. You gotta pay to play!!

Ford makes it
, I break it

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

I love my ford but dont understand why the chevy and dodge guys can mod theirs without having to worry about throwing a rod. Am i missing something or are they just as touchy as the fords when you start modifying them.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 04:26 AM

Chevys and dodges seem not to be as touchy with the rods, but that doesn't mean that they can't/ won't throw a rod at 450hp, its just less likely.All these motors have thier weak points and risks, and the guys that mod them to those powerlevels understand what can happen, and choose to work within the accepted limits of the motors and accept the risk that goes with them. It's not any different with the powerstrokes,you know the risks and accept them and go faster, or you don't and stay at the level your at.

Ford makes it
, I break it

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 05:39 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via MSN to JuststrokeIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasty96 View Post
Get a couple of tunes from any tuner on here,4 or 5 inch exaust,and an air intake. Should have around 1200 dollars in it maybe a little more. All it takes to install is about a six pack and 4 hours of time on a saturday.
Im going to completly agree with nasty on this and get a set of gauges Thats pretty much my set up on my daily driver and its deffinatly no pooch. Ive got a 2000 thats been modded quiet a bit more than that and its on its second engine after it fell apart. I live by you and ive been to sasquatch DP out in geneseo IL cory does some great work from what ive seen and heard and he probably knows more about powerstrokes and fords in general than anybody around here does. although i really dont think he likes me very much, I think i got got on his nerves one day . Or you could go to Randalls performance in gladstone Il by burlington their some great guys down their and do great work too either way you go you wont be dissapointed.

early 99 F350 Supercab longbed 4x4, Diprical gauges,GTP38R, Swamps competion fuel system with bowl delete,custom intake, 4in downpipe to 6in stacks, 200/30% hybrids from swamps, tuned by swamps, head studs.main studs, WOP cryo forged rods, ceramic coated pistons,Adrenalin HPOP,DI cam. Train horns, Ranchand front bumper DMI rear, Kumho kl71
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info guys, i am going to give BWD a call tomorrow. He did a nice job on my buddies truck and that thing runs awesome. Anybody else worked with BWD on here, i seen him (BWD) run his truck last year at a truck pull and that thing was an animal.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 06:53 AM
<---Beer version of PMR's

Top notch.

Tuning by Sniper
Transmishing by John Wood
Breathing by AFE
Exhausting by Pinncle
Monitoring by me and Isspro
Compressing by Wicked Wheel
Wasting by Turbomaster
Stopping by Powerslot
Lifting by Donahoe
Rolling by Toyo
Protecting by Ranch Hand, God, and Ruger
Addiction by
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

by Garrett, Alliant, ITP, DP-Tuner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode