Running 160/100% Swamps Injectors On Split Shot Tuning? For Now - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Running 160/100% Swamps Injectors On Split Shot Tuning? For Now

I just ordered My new injectors Swamps stage 2 160/100%'s could I run it with split shot tuning in the maintime or should I wait for my DP F5 to get reburnt. before I install the injectors. How long could I run it with split shot tuning? and is there any other negative effects of doing so? I know the basic symptoms rough/lopey idle sensitive throttle bad MPG but is there any other effect's? Thanks in advance. Also I posted this on the .org and CSI PSD said I could run it with SS tuning for a short time without harm to my engine. How long is this short time?

Other parts ordered:
Airdog 100 quick connect

Beans diesel tank sump kit

Swamp's diesel HVHF IDM

GlowShift Pyro Boost Trans

Current Mods

GTP38R W/ WW2

EBPV Delete Pedestal

DP F5 stock, 80 Tow 140 Aggressive

4in MBRP TB Exhaust

6637 Intake

TE T-500 HPOP

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 02:58 PM
the stryker god

Re: Running 160/100% Swamps Injectors On Split Shot Tuning? For Now

Won't swamps give you tunes for free with injector purchase? I would send the air dog back, don't need it with a regulated return and they're known for having reliability issues.
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 03:09 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce51d View Post
Won't swamps give you tunes for free with injector purchase?
right here.....

Quote:
or should I wait for my DP F5 to get reburnt.

'01 F250 4x4 Crew Shorty, PM Rods, PIS 160/30's , Hydra, BW 364.5SXE, Monster Box, MBRP 4" 409 SSTL Exhaust, Firestone Ride-Rights, Regulated fuel return.

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 05:32 PM
the stryker god

Are you sayin he should pay for dp tunes instead of free tunes from swamps? I wouldn't run dp's tunes again if they paid me.
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Village Idiot

I don't think Swamps will include a free chip..and the dp reburn fee would be less. Tuners can adjust tunes some as well. Ie that tranny shifts a bit harsh can you back that down some..could always send the chip in before injector install.
Turn around time should not be long.

Sometimes it is nice to try different tunes though. All personal preference.
Each tuner has their own fan club.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 07:24 PM
PSN Veteran

Dp is their own fan club, not to bad talk them, I haven't used their tunes. But that's because I run a Hydra and so far Dp is the only one who wont allow their tunes used on it. Like Bruce said, return the airdog, sell the dp f5 chip, and get a Hydra. You'll actually have extra money left over and be able to run different tuners tunes. Just an idea. Plus you'ld be better off with the regulated return.

2003 F-250 CCLB 7.3L
4" lift and PMF traction bar/block setup running 35s on 20x12s. Intake, exhaust, PHP Hydra w/ Gearhead tunes, gauges
2005 F-350 CCLB 6.0L
6" lift on 20x10s and 37s, studded, deleted, Powermax and Livewire with Quicktricks tunes, exhaust, intake (Wife's Truck)
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 07:49 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Are you sayin he should pay for dp tunes instead of free tunes from swamps? I wouldn't run dp's tunes again if they paid me.
No what I'm sayin' is he ain't getting Swamp's tunes for free...cuz he don't own them right now.

'01 F250 4x4 Crew Shorty, PM Rods, PIS 160/30's , Hydra, BW 364.5SXE, Monster Box, MBRP 4" 409 SSTL Exhaust, Firestone Ride-Rights, Regulated fuel return.
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Won't swamps give you tunes for free with injector purchase? I would send the air dog back, don't need it with a regulated return and they're known for having reliability issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan V View Post
right here.....
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by southmike View Post
I don't think Swamps will include a free chip..and the dp reburn fee would be less. Tuners can adjust tunes some as well. Ie that tranny shifts a bit harsh can you back that down some..could always send the chip in before injector install.
Turn around time should not be long.

Sometimes it is nice to try different tunes though. All personal preference.
Each tuner has their own fan club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgf250 View Post
Dp is their own fan club, not to bad talk them, I haven't used their tunes. But that's because I run a Hydra and so far Dp is the only one who wont allow their tunes used on it. Like Bruce said, return the airdog, sell the dp f5 chip, and get a Hydra. You'll actually have extra money left over and be able to run different tuners tunes. Just an idea. Plus you'ld be better off with the regulated return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan V View Post
No what I'm sayin' is he ain't getting Swamp's tunes for free...cuz he don't own them right now.
Okay I get you guy's point of ease of getting new tunes with a PHP Hydra but I want to get my question answered how long it this "short time to run the truck on Split Shot tuning with single shots? Don't get me wrong I heard nothing but good things about PHP and their tuning. I also heard good things about DP-Tuner that is why I went with them ( This was back in 2009 I bought the truck and the tuner). But also It might be time for me to switch tuners maybe next year. What tunes do you guys recommend From PHP?
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 01:17 AM
the stryker god

The hydra is a chip from php that practically everyone can email you tunes for.
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
The hydra is a chip from php that practically everyone can email you tunes for.
If I get a PHP Hydra what tunes/tuner companies do you guys recommend?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode