RPM/PW ANYTHING NEW, LETS HEAR IT - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

RPM/PW ANYTHING NEW, LETS HEAR IT

Did you guys find something or is this just talk? Please no bashing anyone this is just a question. It's been a little quiet around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Well I was playing around with this sort of thing not too long ago and ended up with right at 1000ft/lbs at 3400. I'm going back to give it another whirl when I get my nerve back up. It should help a lot that I'll actually remove the 3800rpm rev limiter this time. I never scoped over 2ms last time.... couldn't figure out why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr66 View Post
Yeah I found mine at 3600.....

Kevin

12v CONVERSION IN PROGRESS, Special thanks to:
South Bend Clutch, MOTORSPORTSSUPPLY.COM, Pure Diesel Power & Performance, Carson Stauffer Diesel Service, Weston Shupe, zstroken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Banned

Re: RPM/PW ANYTHING NEW, LETS HEAR IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech2161 View Post
Did you guys find something or is this just talk? Please no bashing anyone this is just a question. It's been a little quiet around here.
I fail to see what you're asking exactly? So I'll just explain my statement. I left the rev limiter in place at 3800rpm. So my pw was never above 2ms at the 3600rpm I froze the scope frame at each time. I had started the dyno session by removing a lot of fuel across the board. I then started playing with timing above 3300rpm (where cylinder pressure is falling fast) and worked to locate the "sweet spot" at a reduced fuel/power level. It was at 2ms that I started this. The truck made just over 600rwhp and I began working the top end. It was at a scoped 2ms that it still produced 644rwhp at 3400 with the timing more dialed in up top. I made absolutely no changes to timing below 3350rpm as it was already working well there. I then started to work the fuel back in past 3400rpm but wasn't showing any power fluctuations, nor showing any more pw on the scope. Still exactly 2ms. It was just past 9:00 at this point and time to call it quits anyway. It wasn't until that Sunday that I had a moment, and remembered my limiter having been set at 3800rpm.

So that was what I was talking about in the post of mine you quoted. I fail to see how leaving the rev limiter in and it keeping me from exceeding 2ms at the rpm I was working with has anything at all to do with a pw/rpm combination that is unatainable, if in fact that is what this thread is being made in reference to.

I simply plan to get 2.5 or so ms at 3600rpm now without the limiter cutting it off early. But 2.5 at 3600rpm is not an unattainable combination.

I have not "Found something" with respect to the pw/rpm stuff in about 3 years. So I wouldn't hold my breath on that if I were you.

However. Since you prodded the nearly cold embers and stoked the fire here. Why don't you show us something about how you all apparently did/are exceeding the limitations of the com protocol. Since you all are the only ones "Finding" new things each day. Show us something other than hearsay and videos of your truck running better, yet still probably 100+hp off of mine at the rpm range in question.

Since you seem to have started a nice SA thread here. I won't hold my breath waiting on your scope shots.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 06:06 PM
PSN Veteran

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Drink til she's cute

I said fire a shot across her bow.....not up it!!!!!

I agree with Jeremy.....

2008 F-250: High Powers / Dual K16 / 60% Nozzles
ELITE
NO LIMIT
SWAMPS
GEARHEAD
INNOVATIVE
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 06:41 PM
HRT Performance

Fuel per time. Increase that and secure a PSD's right as a competitive vehicle.

Nothing new there.... same thing I have been saying since 2006. Only I am a bit more educated about the issues keeping us from injecting fuel fast enough and am injecting fuel WAY faster than I was in 2006. I have picked up quite a bit more fuel per time for 2009 as well just doing some common sense stuff to the injectors. Combine that with some more tuning and some better air and it'll be a good day at the track. Not sure what else you want to know.

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 07:24 PM
PSN Veteran

He wants you to do it to his truck!

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

Thanks Jason!

Charles you were doing good till you got to the part below SA. I don't really care if you like me or not, it was only a question. Thank you for responding though. What I was looking for "is" in the intelligent part of you answer.

Quote:
However. Since you prodded the nearly cold embers and stoked the fire here. Why don't you show us something about how you all apparently did/are exceeding the limitations of the com protocol. Since you all are the only ones "Finding" new things each day. Show us something other than hearsay and videos of your truck running better, yet still probably 100+hp off of mine at the rpm range in question.

Since you seem to have started a nice SA thread here. I won't hold my breath waiting on your scope shots.

There was nothing meant by me to set you off. I read into something a little too deep and had a question. The other thread was on track and I wanted to leave it that way.

Yeh Charles If I were you I wouldn't hold my breath. If you can't be civil about this it doesn't matter anyway.

Kevin

South Bend Clutch, MOTORSPORTSSUPPLY.COM, Pure Diesel Power & Performance, Carson Stauffer Diesel Service, Weston Shupe, zstroken
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
Near as I can tell, Kevin still feels that what he is doing in beyond our understanding of the components involved, and assumes that one day we will "find" something, and finally rise to his current level of code manipulation. Or, at least that of his tuner.

If I am horribly wrong here, help me out.

Quote:
Yeh Charles If I were you I wouldn't hold my breath. If you can't be civil about this it doesn't matter anyway.
Forgive me for incorrectly viewing this thread as having been created with a SA attitude in mind. And forgive me for not remaining "civil" (I guess I don't know what that means if my actions in this thread are deemed something other than civil) while you assert things that those from all camps informed on the com link have shown time and time again as being impossible, given our own data and experience. To operate outside this understood limitation is fine, however logical explanation is required, and you refuse to verify your assertions in light of the comments made by numerous individuals knowledgeable in the area in question that disagree with your findings.

Define uncivilized? Civility would require you to support your assertions in an acceptable manner. Or at least make the effort to do so (verifying your findings with an oscilloscope would fulfill this).

On Edit:

Your thread title is in all caps. Is that not understood to mean a heightened tone of voice, if not shouting in a forum environment?
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
I don't think so. There's no reason to start more #### and cause problems between everyone.

Kevin

post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 07:51 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech2161 View Post
I don't think so. There's no reason to start more #### and cause problems between everyone.

Why not stir alittle? I am bored 2day.....although Charles is right, you have never shown any data to back up what you say your tuner has done. Just scope it and show the data. IIRC you said awhile back you would be doing this and yet.........silence........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode