billet ww install - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

billet ww install

resorting to the cheap way of reducing turbo surge... i have a questions before starting the task... ive been hearing people say with that new billet ww its recommended to get everything re balanced.. is it really worth it?

2002 7.3 stabbin waggon ... 4in turbo back, cold air, autometer pillar, dp-tuned...more to come, feel free to make donations
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 07:52 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: billet ww install

read up.................

ww2 truthfull answers - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

thanks.. i was looking for that earlier but couldnt find it

2002 7.3 stabbin waggon ... 4in turbo back, cold air, autometer pillar, dp-tuned...more to come, feel free to make donations
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000-7.3L View Post
that was a waste of 10min ill never get back reading that crap.. nothing but a bunch of people arguing about stuff that wasnt even about the OP... my question still stands.. also see a bunch of guys installing them without taking the turbo out using an impact... probably not the smartest idea but anyone have any negative effects by doing this? experieces are greatly appreciated

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 08:49 PM
PSN Veteran

Never, ever use an impact!!!!! It causing alot of future failures due to minute fractures. Diesel Site has big warnings against it. You do not need to balance if it is a healthy turbo per owner of Barder Turbo Svc in PA.

06' F250 Harley Davidson Edition(Factory 2.5" lift)CCSB-blue sping kit, ARP, gaskets up, Driven Diesel Coolant Return, Sinister Diesel Coolant filter, Rotella ELC, SCT X4, 55gal Aluminum Fuel tank, B & W turnover. ...Hauling New RV's daily.
02' F250 687,000 miles towing...traded to friend for a boat
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 08:53 PM
PSN Veteran

extreme speed changes can damage the shaft. a few clamps and a couple bolts and the turbo is out. not sure why people bother to do it that way.

i would contact the supplier you plan on getting the wheel from and ask there opinion about the balancing.

im pretty sure it was covered here but up to you if you want to read through 291 posts. Radically Redesigned Wicked Wheel® makes 43 PSI on my STOCK turbo! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledDogg View Post
Never, ever use an impact!!!!! It causing alot of future failures due to minute fractures. Diesel Site has big warnings against it. You do not need to balance if it is a healthy turbo per owner of Barder Turbo Svc in PA.
thanks

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 12:05 PM
PSN Local

I'm still a little unfamiliar with it but what John (here at Dieselsite) has been telling people who ask about balancing is the parts of the Garrett turbos are balanced individually when they're built and the wheels are also balanced when they're made. So, if you WANT to have it balanced and have the means to do so - go for it - but it's not necessary.

Also, NEVER USE AN IMPACT GUN. I mean, you can if you want to, but there's nothing anyone can do when your shaft breaks down the road. It's a hardened steel that will fracture from the stress.

If you have any more questions about anything feel free to PM me, post back, or give us a call at the office to talk to someone. :)
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 12:47 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm still a little unfamiliar with it but what John (here at Dieselsite) has been telling people who ask about balancing is the parts of the Garrett turbos are balanced individually when they're built and the wheels are also balanced when they're made. So, if you WANT to have it balanced and have the means to do so - go for it - but it's not necessary.

Also, NEVER USE AN IMPACT GUN. I mean, you can if you want to, but there's nothing anyone can do when your shaft breaks down the road. It's a hardened steel that will fracture from the stress.

If you have any more questions about anything feel free to PM me, post back, or give us a call at the office to talk to someone. :)
Welcome aboard Ma'am. Good to have you.

02 F350 CC DRW 4X4.
PHP Hydra with Gearhead, PHP, and NLTD tunes. AIRAID INTAKE, 4" exhaust.
CTS INSIGHT w/ egt, coolant and boost sensors.
FULL FORCE 160/30'S.
RIFFRAFF Hrx & Frx.
Leveling kit, 285's
Van turbo/ 38r hybrid.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

thanks Jen, ill be calling the office sometime next week to place an order

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode