defueling - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Talk

Send a message via AIM to powerstrokenstang
defueling

i know mines an obs, but my chip is off at tony's and i noticed yesterday it defuels at about 36 psi of boost w/ stock programing. thought it was cause i was doin it at half throttle, but when i push it to the floor it still defuel just not as bad. the 2.8x2.8 w/ 19 housing spools at least as fast as a stock 2e w/ 17 housing at least w/ my mods. i love it. i did have 50psi of back pressure at that 36 psi but like i said it was defueling. so not sure on drives yet. increasing boost and leaving the ex. side the same should not make back pressures higher should it?

1996 F-250 ex-cab -D60- Motor,fire hoses-Nate,Tuning,Cam-Matt R,P-rods,dummy plugs-Wipe Out,Huffer-Engineered diesel,Carson,Gen3,Idm-Swamps,Rods,studs,fire rings-WOP,Clutch-Valair
455/400's in,S475 T-6 mounted
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'84 f-350 2wd, 6.9l, 4spd, drw, flatbed. For Sale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Crusty old Bastich

Re: defueling

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokenstang View Post
i know mines an obs, but my chip is off at tony's and i noticed yesterday it defuels at about 36 psi of boost w/ stock programing. thought it was cause i was doin it at half throttle, but when i push it to the floor it still defuel just not as bad. the 2.8x2.8 w/ 19 housing spools at least as fast as a stock 2e w/ 17 housing at least w/ my mods. i love it. i did have 50psi of back pressure at that 36 psi but like i said it was defueling. so not sure on drives yet. increasing boost and leaving the ex. side the same should not make back pressures higher should it?
That much boost is freaking your map sensor out and the pcm is seeing crazy stuff and pulling back the fuel. The pcm on our trucks calls for max fuel on a stock burn @ around 22-24 lbs. You can do a boost fooler cheaply and have adjustibilty by using an air compressor regulator in the map line. Hook it up to a compressor, block off the outlet end with your finger and adjust it to 22 lbs to start and see how it runs...

Also, the pcm goes crazy when the signals for the exhaust back pressure sensor is @ big poundage, if yours is still hooked up, remove the tube from the manifold and plug the manifold. That sensor will only see atmospheric pressure then....

Jim

96 CC 2wd Dually

BDP engine build
BDP D-66
BDP/Casserly Hybrids
BDP twin pump fuel system

Hypermax Rods
Caltracs
Detroit locker
FactoryTech tranny

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Talk

Send a message via AIM to powerstrokenstang

i will unhook the ebp sensor. it never has done this when runnin a chip, would it be worth while to do the boost fooler deal. i mean now it actually acts like it hits the rev limiter it defuels so hard. i have never felt this w/ the chip even at 42 psi and 55 psi of back pressure.

1996 F-250 ex-cab -D60- Motor,fire hoses-Nate,Tuning,Cam-Matt R,P-rods,dummy plugs-Wipe Out,Huffer-Engineered diesel,Carson,Gen3,Idm-Swamps,Rods,studs,fire rings-WOP,Clutch-Valair
455/400's in,S475 T-6 mounted

'84 f-350 2wd, 6.9l, 4spd, drw, flatbed. For Sale

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 10:36 PM
PSN Veteran

Mine does it at around 33 psi. I would put the regulator in but then again if it doesn't do it with the chip in it might not be worth the $20.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode