Tires and Wheels. What size and where to get? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Tires and Wheels. What size and where to get?

Hi, I'm looking at a truck on craigslist, and the truck is nice, but the tires are shot and the wheels.. Well I'm not sure what this guy was thinking... Anyway, Its a 2001 F250 stock height. I'm looking to have my tires sticking just a few inches out from my fenders.. Like this:

Maybe a little bit wider than that, not much. I was wondering what the tire width would be, I am thinking a 305, but I wanted to be sure. Also, what is the tallest tire you can fit on a stock truck like this? I am wanting to put either 18 or 20" wheels on it. The tire I am wanting is the Nitto Mud Grappler. If they come in that size, otherwise the Nitto TrailGrappler. I couldn't find a tire site that sold tires bigger than 285. And if possible, do you guys know of any sites that sell tires and wheels that would put the tire on the wheel and ship them in one shipment? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 06:52 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Tires and Wheels. What size and where to get?

Hey man if you post this up in the tires section you'll get a lot more responses. Here's the section for you.

Tires - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

02 F350 CC DRW 4X4.
PHP Hydra with Gearhead, PHP, and NLTD tunes. AIRAID INTAKE, 4" exhaust.
CTS INSIGHT w/ egt, coolant and boost sensors.
FULL FORCE 160/30'S.
RIFFRAFF Hrx & Frx.
Leveling kit, 285's
Van turbo/ 38r hybrid.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnhartal View Post
Hey man if you post this up in the tires section you'll get a lot more responses. Here's the section for you.

Tires - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Oh! Thanks, this thread can be closed, deleted, locked, or whatever.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 12:54 AM
PSN Newb

Stock truck, it'll be hard to get even a 33x12.50r20 nitto mud grappler or 305/55/20 nitto trail. Add a leveling kit. Do a 20x9 with a 0 offset. Will fit perfect.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 02:37 AM
PSN Local

Home - Discount Tire Direct is my preferred site for wheels and tires.

01 f250CCSB, 285/75/16 GY duratracs, 4 inch diamond eye straight pipe, riff raff 6637, php Phoenix chip, isspro EGT gauge and torque app.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 06:37 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinumtoys View Post
Stock truck, it'll be hard to get even a 33x12.50r20 nitto mud grappler or 305/55/20 nitto trail. Add a leveling kit. Do a 20x9 with a 0 offset. Will fit perfect.
he wants them sticking out he would have to go with a 11'' wide wheel with a -44 or wider (my hostages were that) and they sat flush with my flares so with no flares they would sit about the same as the pic...and with a wheel with that offset and width you wont be fitting big tires at all, id also stay away from the mud grapplers they are garbage

01 ccsb

90 5.0 coupe- HCI, paxton blower

08 mazdaspeed 3- cobb intake, cobb springs, catback, 18's

07 srt8 jeep-CAI,lowered,22s

14 rzr1000- stock
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 06:44 AM
PSN Local

Wheels with 4.5 inches back spacing will kick them out some. No need for 11 inch wide wheels. 9 inch wide with negative offset will do the trick.

01 f250CCSB, 285/75/16 GY duratracs, 4 inch diamond eye straight pipe, riff raff 6637, php Phoenix chip, isspro EGT gauge and torque app.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 07:29 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrybizzle View Post
Wheels with 4.5 inches back spacing will kick them out some. No need for 11 inch wide wheels. 9 inch wide with negative offset will do the trick.
i ran 24x11 with -44 and 5'' back space that was flush/barley poked out when looking straight at them from looking down out of the box of the truck with my pocket flares here are some pics of when the fuels were on my truck, and i took one flare off before and they stuck out about the same as the picture he posted....but ya u guys are right a wheel thats at least 2'' more narrow and has less aggressive offset will sit how he wants

01 ccsb

90 5.0 coupe- HCI, paxton blower

08 mazdaspeed 3- cobb intake, cobb springs, catback, 18's

07 srt8 jeep-CAI,lowered,22s

14 rzr1000- stock
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 02:47 PM
PSN Local

Yea no need for a 11inch wide wheel, you just want to get a 4.5inch backspacing....I really like rimzone they have some great deals and will mount and balance and then ship then to ya...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 09:50 PM
PSN Local

no level with 285/75/16. Don't poke out quite as much as the f150 in the ops original post but enough for me. I would guess the f150 has 9 inch wide wheels with 4.5 inch backspacing and 12.5 inch wide tires. Fronts rub a slight amount at full turn but not bad. 8 inch wide with 4.5 backspacing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode