Couple questions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Couple questions

I am probably going to put regulated return fuel system in this weekend. What should I set my fuel pressure at? Mods are DIY intake, turbo back exhaust, swamps 160/100 injectors and a TS chip. I have also heard it is highly recommended to get an in cab fuel gauge. Should I hold off until I get the gauge? Next question is I dyno'd the truck over the weekend. She made 370hp/727tq. Which I was pretty happy with. I would like to step up to to different turbo but don't want to go to crazy. I would like to be about 450hp. I have been looking at d66/38r/366. The problem is I have an e99 so the d66 is the only drop in turbo I can get but if the other turbos will be more beneficial I will go that route. Would it be smarter for me to go with irate setup since that will give me more turbo options if I every decide to change but I highly doubt that I would ever want to go bigger. Or should I just try to find all the parts to swap it over to a 99.5-03 setup and go with 38.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 02:42 AM
PSN Local

Re: Couple questions

a fuel pressure gauge is very very handy to have in the cab but go with an electrical gauge or you run the risk of getting fuel in the cab and all over the engine. i would set it for 65 psi

if it was me i would do the conversion to 99.5-03 but with a t4 mount so you have more options for turbos that way youll be set if you do ever want to go bigger. again if i was in your shoes this is what i would do.

2000 Ford F250 7.3 4x4. MODS: Beans Tunes, Jegs 4" exhaust, S&B intake, boost fooler, USA poted housing, RR billet wheel for ported housing, HFO, glowshifts 3-in-1 gauge pyro, boost, trans. AIH delete, bellowed uppipes, Sinister Diesel coolant filter.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Was definitely going to go with a electric gauge.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 03:05 AM
the stryker god

I think there is a good deal on an s366 with mounting kit in the classifieds. You'll also need more than a 15 degree hpop to make 450 with 160/100's
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 04:27 AM
PSN Veteran

If it were my truck I'd get an h2e from Cary (obswiz) with a Carson Stauffer mount. Or buy the mount from him and get a used h2e from a big truck. They can be had for 250-350$ from a wrecking yard. Either way you get one you can have it modded in the future if you go bigger.

02 F350 CC DRW 4X4.
PHP Hydra with Gearhead, PHP, and NLTD tunes. AIRAID INTAKE, 4" exhaust.
CTS INSIGHT w/ egt, coolant and boost sensors.
FULL FORCE 160/30'S.
RIFFRAFF Hrx & Frx.
Leveling kit, 285's
Van turbo/ 38r hybrid.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode