Question for Hydra Chip Users - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Shane027.3

Question for Hydra Chip Users

I bought and installed a Hydra Chip last week and I am more than happy with the out come but I have a few questions for fellow users. I down loaded the lope idle tune and when I switch to it nothing changes until I pat the pedal , at this point it will lope a few seconds then go back to the factory idle , is this normal? I also down loaded the whisper program and I used it today in the drive through , It instantly quietened down but as soon as I put it in drive the od light started flashing, as soon as I change programs it stopped , Is this to be expected. I have a ford factory rebuilt trans with aprox 30k miles on it and I have no complaints but I dont beat on it either because its my daily driver . I have emailed PHP about a issue I have with the 140 tune and shifting but im in no hurry since I dont plan on using that tune but every now and then. Any input from you guys would be appreciated.

2000 Excursion 4x4 Limited ,6inch lift, nitto grapplers,firestone airbags in rear,4in turbo back with muffler delet,tymar, whicked wheel 2, Hydra Chip from PHP,tripple gauge pod with tran temp,EGT ,and boost gauges,PHP and Gearhead Tunes.

2002 F350 4x4 SRW : SOLD!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 01:50 AM
PSN Local

Re: Question for Hydra Chip Users

I had the lope idle with the 140hp extreme setting because I'm having a hard shift from first into second and Jay wanted my too try that setting with the modified valve body setting and the hard shift was almost gone, but that's another story. The whisper is a cool setting but I've not used it other than showing my kids how quiet the truck get's, so I'm not much help other than my lope idle did not act like your's, did you use the right HEX code?? Maybe that's it

2001 7.3L CCSRW 4X4 Lariat
Airaid intake
Stock for now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 01:53 AM
PSN Veteran

I wish I was able to drive my truck. I've had issues unrelated to the chip so it hasn't been driven since I installed it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
F250 7.3 Crew Cab Short Bed Lariat
4"dp 5 inch pipes to dual 8 inch stacks (summer)
4" turbo back dual axle dumps (winter)
PHP Hydra (loaded)
Edge insight CTS monitor w/ eas system
17 ton d-ring with solid polished titanium hitch
80% over rosewood injectors
Transgo tugger kit
dual disc tc
GTP38R
More to come
call me dan

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Shane027.3

Hansel, I used the tool with the soft ware to convert my pcm code to the correct hex code and I pretty sure i used the correct one but I will check to make sure .

dsberman94 I think you will enjoy the chip !

2000 Excursion 4x4 Limited ,6inch lift, nitto grapplers,firestone airbags in rear,4in turbo back with muffler delet,tymar, whicked wheel 2, Hydra Chip from PHP,tripple gauge pod with tran temp,EGT ,and boost gauges,PHP and Gearhead Tunes.

post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 02:10 AM
PSN Veteran

I tried the whisper and it got a little quieter but I've been told you really need single shot injectors to really make it quite. That's on the forever growing list lol. I did try lope just to hear it but that was about it. I can say I was using the 80 HP daily driver tune but have found I get better mileage in the 100 performance. Gonna load some new tunes this week to try out

2003 F-250 CCLB 7.3L
4" lift and PMF traction bar/block setup running 35s on 20x12s. Intake, exhaust, PHP Hydra w/ Gearhead tunes, gauges
2005 F-350 CCLB 6.0L
6" lift on 20x10s and 37s, studded, deleted, Powermax and Livewire with Quicktricks tunes, exhaust, intake (Wife's Truck)
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 02:13 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson238 View Post
Hansel, I used the tool with the soft ware to convert my pcm code to the correct hex code and I pretty sure i used the correct one but I will check to make sure .

dsberman94 I think you will enjoy the chip !
I'm lucky PHP is about 20 minutes from my house, so I had Jay install and show me how too load the tunes, he said if I put in the wrong HEX code it might just act alittle funny. And I can't remember what my PCM code was, I should have written it down, but I made a sticker and placed it with my carring case that came with the chip so I know what HEX code too use. I think one day soon I will take a picture of the connection under tha hood so I have my PCM code.

Airaid intake
Stock for now
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 02:17 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgf250 View Post
I tried the whisper and it got a little quieter but I've been told you really need single shot injectors to really make it quite. That's on the forever growing list lol. I did try lope just to hear it but that was about it. I can say I was using the 80 HP daily driver tune but have found I get better mileage in the 100 performance. Gonna load some new tunes this week to try out
How much more fuel mileage you getting?? I've only run 2 tanks so far, and my mileage is up about 1/2 too 3/4 mile better with the 80h daily drive, I've got a hard shift issue in first gear so I'm trying too stay out of the 100hp mode's. But the advantage of the first gear hard shift is I don't gun it off the line, but after it makes that first gear shift, GAME ON!!!!!!!!

Airaid intake
Stock for now
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 02:26 AM
PSN Veteran

I certainly hope so. I got that bitch loaded up with just about every tune available for my hex and a fully rebuilt trans that's built to be beat on so you can bet I'm gonna be running high hp tunes with the new 80% over injectors. Can't wait.

F250 7.3 Crew Cab Short Bed Lariat
4"dp 5 inch pipes to dual 8 inch stacks (summer)
4" turbo back dual axle dumps (winter)
PHP Hydra (loaded)
Edge insight CTS monitor w/ eas system
17 ton d-ring with solid polished titanium hitch
80% over rosewood injectors
Transgo tugger kit
dual disc tc
GTP38R
More to come
call me dan
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
Shane027.3

I have been running the 80hp daily driver tune for the last 4 days and I have had pretty good millage increase myself, i may change to the 100 performance tune for a while and see how that does . I drive 27 miles one way to work with one red light and its a strait shot and Ive been driving around 50mph keeping it at 1500rpm or below and I have to recheck my numbers but on my first check I was getting close to 20 but I dont drive like most! lol Im 40 and drive like im alot older!!

post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Shane027.3

have any of you guys priced tunes from anyone else yet? If so please share what you have found!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode