Auto Engenuity - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Smarty Power!

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen
Auto Engenuity

Okay guys, I know many of you have it, and I've finally got a laptop that can run it.

What's it capable of and what can one do and see with it? I know these are kinda general and blanket questions, but just in general.

Is it possible to do a data log and send it to my tuner and let him customize files based on what he sees in the data log? I guess this would be more of a question for Jody and Diane, but can anyone else answer it?

For those that have Aeroforce's Scan Gauge, can you compare the two? I don't know for sure weather I want to get rid of the gauge or not to get AE. If those that have both recommend keeping the gauge and getting AE that's probably what I'll do.

Other advice on the software in general?

Jarrett Matthew

04.5 QCSB auto common rail
Smarty TnT; ISSPRO PERFORMAX
Suncoast full billet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 07:31 PM
That thing got a Cummins?

Re: Auto Engenuity

I know you can put the data log onto a disc and send it to anyone who has the software to see whats going on. As far as writing a tune off the data, i don't see why they couldn't make adj based off what they see as far as icp pressures and pulse width, but I don't know that for a fact

Ford makes it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, I break it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 F350 CCLB 4x4 Broke Built Auto

2000 Dodge 3500 5 Speed 4x4 450k and Counting

2001 Dodge 3500 6 speed 4x4 Fully loaded
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 08:49 PM
PSN Veteran

The datalog is saved as an excel spreadsheet. You don't need ae to view it.

03 E-350 7.3, forged rods, exhaust ported heads, comp 910's, 38R/47, 4.10LS, stealth twin pumps, 300cc hybrids from Swamps, h-11's, racerx trans and TC, Swamps tunes, water...

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 09:17 PM
PSN Veteran

Matt, you data log and send it right to DP Tuner. Then he can play it back.

FWIW, I rarely use AE anymore, but it's a nice tool to have.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 09:22 PM
PSN Veteran

So... In theory... You could just drive around all the time with your laptop hooked up to your OBDII port and watch your parameters?
J/W... I want A/E soon.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Smarty Power!

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen

Thanks Joey!! That's the answer I've been looking for.

It'll be like live tuning without live tuning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSLEEPER View Post
So... In theory... You could just drive around all the time with your laptop hooked up to your OBDII port and watch your parameters?
J/W... I want A/E soon.
Pretty much, as far as I can tell.

Jarrett Matthew

Suncoast full billet
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Sponsor

Talk to Dennis @ ITPDiesel. We have AE and it is a little slow depending on how many things you want to log at one time. If you datalog one or two things at once it can refresh faster and give you a better sample than if you try to log six or eight things at once... I like to log as many things as possible at once as I can... But AE has been a pretty good tool for us in the past, you wont be disappointed with it.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Smarty Power!

Thanks Nate...Dennis is where I'll be ordering it from when I do. It'll probably be ordered in the next day or two.

Expect your phone to ring a lot once I get it!!

Joey, you have a phone number I can reach you at? Shop or cell either one would be great!!

Jarrett Matthew

Suncoast full billet
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 04:40 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

I have the scan gauge and AE, scan gauge is nice to have to read and clear a code real quick, but you have to unplug it to run AE... I did not get the buzz and con tests with the Scan gauge...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 12:00 AM
PSN Veteran

You can run Buzz test, Cylinder Contribution test, Glow plug test, KOER test. To name a few. It will pull ABS codes, air bag codes, and will program a PATS key,, to name a few more... and I didn't come close to naming everything it will do. I LOVE mine, you can also take it to other vehicles if you so desire, easily. (The Enhanced Ford package also included GM, and ,,,(Bleh,, Toyota),, Since we have 3 Pontiac Grand Prix and an Impala in our stable here at home too, then it has MORE than paid for itself in pulling codes, and clearing them, ect...

*48* Jim T. 2011 F-350 Lariat, CC, LB, SRW. White Platinum Metallic Tricoat. Black leather seats, I probably wont have*PMS,, with this one, at least no major attacks of it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode