Luk Clutch issues - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Luk Clutch issues

I have a Luk HD clutch in my truck and now I'm having issues with it. I was wondering if anyone else had issues with their's.

Mine will start to take after the pedal is almost fully released and I have to ride the clutch and use lots of throttle to get it moving. I am thinking that the pressure plate might be going south on me. I use this as a daily driver so there is no real abuse on it. Also I have about 70,000 on this clutch. The change from normal state to this state happened over night. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Body Type: MULE

Re: Luk Clutch issues

sounds like your clutch cylinder slave has taken a crap, Thats exactly what happened to mine twice, Once fried a perfectly good clutch, the second time I caught it in time and repaired it---again

2011- F250 PSD CCSB 4x4 HS PERFORMANCE Tuning DPF OFF EGR OFF TRUCK HAPPY DRIVER HAPPY

your #1 NON-Cult member of the USA Government JustinM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

CATd

I thought the same thing and replaced it with a new one (master and slave cylinder already bleed from Ford). No change. Just more frustration.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 03:38 AM

Then it very well could be the pressure plate. If you pull the dust cover off, are there any "fingers" lying around in there?

I doubt it being a bent fork, usually there impossible to get into gear with a bent fork

2011- F250 PSD CCSB 4x4 HS PERFORMANCE Tuning DPF OFF EGR OFF TRUCK HAPPY DRIVER HAPPY

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Well I was able to remove the tranny this weekend and found that the clutch disk had gouged it's way into both the flywheel and the pressure plate. It's in both deep enough that the clutch will slip in fourth and fifth gear. So a whole new clutch will have to be ordered. I might be able to save the flywheel and have it turned down. Anyways just wanted to report what I found.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 03:47 PM

I had one do the same EXACT thing, It ground its way through the flywheel.

I knew I was destroying it on my 130mile drive home but destroying that and possibly a transmision would have been cheaper than getting my FAT rig towed home or to a local dealer with downtime and having to pay someone else to do it.

Sooooooo. When I got back to the shop, I pulled it off and it was working on cutting the center out of the flywheel, THAT wold have made a mess if it would have broken the flywheel

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Any Idea what would cause it to do this? Just wondering if there is something that I can do to prevent this again.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 02:32 AM

my was caused from a Slave cylinder starting to go bad and not fully realeasing the clutch. Caused the springs to jump out and get lodged in there sideways when I reved the slipping clutch.

Other than that--just hope I guess.

Dont REV the engine when the clutch is fully depressed. And if you ARE slipping your clutch dont slip it too much as it can cause chatter and the springs try and come out of the clutch plates.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode