hypertech code - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

hypertech code

I was trying to install my buddys hypertech 3 tune into my 01, last night and the programmer flashed D-6. We tried to re install and the same thing happened again. Does anyone know what the problem is ?
thanks in advance for your help.

2001 CCSB 315/70/17, Pro Comp wheels, 4 inch turbo back, AFE 2 PG, 3in. Icon leveling kit, , Isspro gauges, Tony Wildman tune. Looking forward to many more upgrades. Big thanks to Cary (obswiz) @ CT performance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:43 AM
PSN's resident Blue Man

Re: hypertech code

Did you restore the other truck back to stock first? The tuner is VIN locked so it can only be used on one truck at a time.

I had a Hypertech tuner get fubar'd on me, my batteries were low and the cycle was cut off halfway through. Luckily, the truck worked stock but the tuner wouldn't let do anything until I had it reflashed by Hypertech. It was part of the warranty and didn't cost me a dime. Not sure what code came up but it was a letter and number like yours. Give them a call if you can't get it to work, they seemed to be pretty good people to deal with.

Early '99, 4X4, CC, SB, Fire Engine Red
-JNB Fuel System, Sinister Overboost, C2 gauges, AFE Stage II w/ "JAT99" Intake Pipe, CCV Bypass, 3.5 dp to 4" exhaust.
-BTS Trans and Converter
-WOP QSSB Turbo
-Terminator HPOS
-DP F5 w/ 60Tow, 80Econ, 120Race, 140Extreme, High Idle, Upgraded to PMT PCM - Live tuned
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: hypertech code

Thanks for the quick response, we did re turn his truck to stock. Just trying to get my truck hooked up for a weekend road trip. I guess I will call Hypertech mon.

2001 CCSB 315/70/17, Pro Comp wheels, 4 inch turbo back, AFE 2 PG, 3in. Icon leveling kit, , Isspro gauges, Tony Wildman tune. Looking forward to many more upgrades. Big thanks to Cary (obswiz) @ CT performance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode