Injector help? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Injector help?

I need some guidance on injectors,
My truck is currently in my dads shop with 4 injectors out.
The dealership said that the #1 injector was bad, so now after 3 weeks of driving my mom's car and my truck sitting I managed to get talk dad into getting all 8 injectors instead of just one.
So he has given me a max of $1300 to deal with.

It is an early 99' 4x4 cc sb, used as my daily driver to and from school, but we also used it to tow a 20' trailer with my Toyota 4x4, Case landscaping tractor, and/or four wheelers.

I was thinking maybe stage 1s, but I would need a chip or something of that nature to run them, right? o
all I have on the truck is a BHAF, but would love to have an excuse to buy more parts

Im pretty sure you guys can steer me in the right direction.

Early 1999' F250, 4x4, CC, SB, DIY air intake, PHP 3pos, Rosewood stage 1 injectors, and Projector headlights with 35w HID
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 12:16 AM
Super Hauler!

Re: Injector help?

oh daddies money must be nice, I would do the DIY for that or do some cheap hybrids do some research on them.

08 F-250 CCSB king ranch erics tunes livewire
1985 Peterbilt 359 Big cam III Tuned up a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by prheitz View Post
I change my HPOP oil, the oil does circulate with the regular oil, it doesn't cycle as often and does get dirty sooner.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 04:15 AM
Village Idiot

first thing is first welcome to the site.

I know this first part is not what you asked but you need to know.
have a look at your almost air filter box, are the hold tabs broken ?
is so get a new air filter system asap . cheap is a napa 6637 filter 4" piece of exhuast and a couple of clamps, s&b seems too make a good affordable one , ford ais filters well (but need to add the 20$ fender sleave) if money is no object the afe2 is nice. if they are broken the let dust and debris in. This has tko'd a few blocks .

as far as injectors go diy injectors are nice if your injectors are good , which sounds like they are shot and not diy candidates .
I would give these guys a call and see what they think.
diperformance.com
www.swampsdiesel.com
dpppower.com/73-injectors.html

any of those guys should be able to help

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 08:03 AM
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

i would send the PCM to DP or TW and have it flashed for single shots.. DP gets 75 bucks for that....SS give you more power useing less HPO..there great for towing..these will add about 100 HP over the stock early 99 set up..
http://fullforcediesel.com/9903reman.html

the early 99 has 120 cc injectors,,if your going to stay stock..id up grade to the 140cc that are in the 99.5-03 trucks and swap out the PCM to a PMT code and do the IDM mod...

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 F250 7.3 IDI plow truck 112k - bone stock.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 09:10 PM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

Call Swamps, they have many options for that price or less that you wouldn't need a chip for now, but putting a chip in later would give you the power of the injectors.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

thanks for the input guys,
I went and pulled the other 4 injectors and talked to my dad.
so right now im thinking about getting stage 1 single shots and having the PCM? flashed for single shots, seems cheepest.

Im thinking about sending them to Rosewood diesel shop and having them rebuilt to stage 1, my truck has 186k miles should i be worried about much repair cost? and will i be ok running stage 1s on a stock truck?

Early 1999' F250, 4x4, CC, SB, DIY air intake, PHP 3pos, Rosewood stage 1 injectors, and Projector headlights with 35w HID
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 02:00 AM
Back to Civilian Life!!

You should be fine with stage Is on a stock truck. If you dont have gauges though that is one thing your going to need to buy. That is a must if you do anything. You will definitly like the stage Is and the extra power your going to get from them.

2003 F-250 4x4 7.3 liter PSD EXT. cab SB. Wilson 2000 antenna, Uniden PC78 peaked and tuned with a connex 250 Linear Amp.
MODS: BTS Tranny, DIY Tymar, Hypermax 3.5 DP to 5" back, TW tunes, DI's GT38R BB turbo, autometer boost, pyro, trans, water temp a Scangauge and Firestone rear air bags.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 03:01 AM
Village Idiot

while dp tuner can flash a pcm for cheaper, you are stuck in that one tune all the time . a chip will give you more freedom as far as having the ability to have stock, and some other settings like nostart (poor mans's alarm)
20, 40 60 tow, 100 hp etc....

having the injectors sent out for rebuilds is still a good idea imho...
if there are bad parts sure it will cost for repairs but they should only fix what is needed.

btw I just reread my first post and seems like I had huge errors in it as far as it being in english ...
I was typing on a cell phone sceen and didn't look at it

basically what I was saying is ditch the factory airbox.
the ford ais is stockish and will make your folks happy , but the s&b is a good lower cost performance filter.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 03:35 AM
Pulling sled for hire

If you can come up with the money at all skip the pcm flash and just get the chip. You will be much happier because you won't be stuck in one tune all the time. If you're towing heavy, you will be able to turn it down and keep the truck cool. If a ricer gets beside you and thinks he wants some, you can turn it up

Justin

Justin

'97 F-250 - 255k
463 hp - 7-9-09
BDP/Casserly Stage 2's, Mod H2E, Stealth Stage 2, BDP fuel system, Comp 910s, 7.3 ic, live tuned by Jonathan @ BDP.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 01:36 PM
PMR Time Bomb

Swamps ask for Dave

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode