New Hydra chip - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
< pissed off pumkin.

New Hydra chip

So who's got one and what do you think so far ?

2003 F-350 4x4, Ext cab. 7.3 AFE stage II 4" turbo back exhaust, garret GTP 38, 1.15 van turbine housing,EBPV deleated, non waste gated, ATS compresor housing, WW II, bellowed up pipes, CFM + spyder conversion, Hydra chip with Bill's tunes, CCV mod, Hutched, harpooned, RR fuel system, 6.0 trans cooler, Swamps IDM, HPX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 06:04 AM
PSN Local

Re: New Hydra chip

I installed my a couple of months back and I am Very happy with the performance and the lack of Smoke. It seems that Bill has done a great job of balancing the amount of fuel for each tune. My EGTs are also down as I was pulling some good sized hills this weekend with my ski boat in tow and the EGTs never went over 800 to 900 range in 107 degree heat. My DP would be pushing 1100+

I would say that my DP was good but my PHP is better.

2002 PHP Hydra Tuner, Banks Monster Exhaust John Wood Transmission 6.0 Cooler 06 front Axle Pure Performance 6 inch lift and 4 link 08 Rear springs Raceline Renegade 8 wheels with 35 Toyo Mt's Auto Meter Gages PSC Hydro Steering
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 12:42 PM
PSN Veteran

I've had mine for about 6 months now and it made a world of difference on my truck. Couldn't be happier.

2003 F-250 CCLB 7.3L
4" lift and PMF traction bar/block setup running 35s on 20x12s. Intake, exhaust, PHP Hydra w/ Gearhead tunes, gauges
2005 F-350 CCLB 6.0L
6" lift on 20x10s and 37s, studded, deleted, Powermax and Livewire with Quicktricks tunes, exhaust, intake (Wife's Truck)

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 02:26 AM
PSN Local

I've only had mine about a week or so, and it's amazing how under powered Ford tunes the truck I went with the 80hp DD, 100hp performance, 120hp race and a 65hp towing. I gave my daughter a taste of the 120hp race tonight on the way too the Sonic for some milkshakes, she screamed at me because I was going too fast. I did tow my 8,000lb camper and it was nice that the extra power it has, it doesn't need as much throttle too stay at say 75mph

2001 7.3L CCSRW 4X4 Lariat
Airaid intake
Stock for now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 03:35 AM
PSN Veteran

I'm interested in one also. What are the generic tunes that come with it? On the website there is a list of tunes, are those the generic or customs?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 03:36 AM
PSN Local

does anyone have anything to compare the tunes to? like have you ran another chip prior to running the Hydra.

IH Crate Engine,Cold Air,4" MBRP,6.5" lift,37" toyos,mx6 resis,Water meth,Stage 1s,Turbo Master,38R,6.0 CAC,6.0 trans cooler,FRx, Intank Mods,pre pump filter,AIH&EBPV deletes,Zoodad,456 yukon gears,Ladder bars,built trans,Aeroforce interceptor,quad pillar,PHP HYDRA,IH up pipes,Forged Rods
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 03:59 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

The hydra is a hardware system... If you're asking about different tuners then ask about different tuners, the Hydra chip is just a chip.

It is however the best hardware platform on the market as it allows you to run almost any tuners tuning on the same chip, at any time. You can program it without removing it, without a burning, without shipping it to someone. Just plug into the chip, and up load a tune of your choice...

There is simply no better choice on the market.

Tuning wise, PHP is one of the best, along with Gearhead, Total Diesel Performance, Power Struck and so on.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 04:06 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanG85 View Post
I'm interested in one also. What are the generic tunes that come with it? On the website there is a list of tunes, are those the generic or customs?
You have a list of standard tunes that come with the package, then a custom tune I believe is $25 it's the best bang for your buck, you get the chip and a whole list of tunes for under $500.

2001 7.3L CCSRW 4X4 Lariat
Airaid intake
Stock for now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 04:16 AM
PSN Veteran

So the list on their webpage, http://www.powerhungryperformance.com/_hydra_chip.shtml, are all the generics that come free to download onto the chip? Custom tunes would be tailor made to your specific mods and needs?

2001 F250 ECSB (FOR SALE)
Walker BTM

2001 F350 CCSB
Ford AIS with Zoodad mod & Sleeve
Dorman Bellowed Uppies
Autometer Factory Match
Terminator T500
Hutch and Harpooned
CCV Mod
PHP Hydra
BTS Valve Body & PI Stallion
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back
Riff Raff Billet Wheel and FRX
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 04:47 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
The hydra is a hardware system... If you're asking about different tuners then ask about different tuners, the Hydra chip is just a chip.

It is however the best hardware platform on the market as it allows you to run almost any tuners tuning on the same chip, at any time. You can program it without removing it, without a burning, without shipping it to someone. Just plug into the chip, and up load a tune of your choice...

There is simply no better choice on the market.

Tuning wise, PHP is one of the best, along with Gearhead, Total Diesel Performance, Power Struck and so on.
The Forum Yoda has spoken. Thanks for the clarification.

IH Crate Engine,Cold Air,4" MBRP,6.5" lift,37" toyos,mx6 resis,Water meth,Stage 1s,Turbo Master,38R,6.0 CAC,6.0 trans cooler,FRx, Intank Mods,pre pump filter,AIH&EBPV deletes,Zoodad,456 yukon gears,Ladder bars,built trans,Aeroforce interceptor,quad pillar,PHP HYDRA,IH up pipes,Forged Rods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode