Injectors how much should I spend? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Injectors how much should I spend?

If I were to install riffraffs casserly full force 165's on my truck,

The price says 1195-800 core=400 correct, so if I were to send my stockers in to get built into 165s? is that the same price?

I tried givin them a call but didn't get a hold of them. is Riffraff here? maybe he could chime in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 10:21 PM
PSN Newb

Re: Injectors how much should I spend?

I would say it is $1195 + $800 core = $1995. You get $800 back when you send In your old injectors.

2000 F250 CC SB 4x4, 7.3 diesel, 4R100, 4"lift, AIS intake, 38R Turbo, Turbonetics outlet, Swamps 200/30 Hybrids, Swamps tunes, Swamps IDM, 4" MBRP, BTS valvebody, 6.0 cooler, ISSPRO fuel press, boost, egt, trans, water temp, ScanGage, Melling Lpop, FRx, Hutch mod, spin on filter/separator, Bosch pump, DIY 3/8 fuel lines, OCR, HPx, Autoenginuity.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

figured it'd be more than i said ha

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Rustbucket

I'd go through the posts and info here in this forum, and get a really good feel for what's involved. There are so many good posts by experts here on the minutiae of injector swaps. I have stock ones right now, but still haven't decided on what I want to go with.

"Lets Eat Grandma!"
"Lets Eat, Grandma!"
Commas Save Lives!

1999.5 F350 7.3 PSD Auto, 8" Lift, Nitto 38s, Hutch" Mod, AIH Delete, Fuel Pressure, Pyro & Boost Gauges, 4" Magnaflow turbo down, Riffraff Intake, Grand Rock 5" single stack, TS 6 Pos Chip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 06:02 AM
PSN Veteran

Fullforcediesel.com
160 cc stage 2 with 100% nozzles. I have stock nozzles that I'm soon sending back to get 100%(better egt control). Also can get a 6 position chip with Matt Robison Gearhead tunes for an extra $400. Add a Diesel Site Billet Wicked Wheel II $229. And hold on!!!!

06' F250 Harley Davidson Edition(Factory 2.5" lift)CCSB-blue sping kit, ARP, gaskets up, Driven Diesel Coolant Return, Sinister Diesel Coolant filter, Rotella ELC, SCT X4, 55gal Aluminum Fuel tank, B & W turnover. ...Hauling New RV's daily.
02' F250 687,000 miles towing...traded to friend for a boat
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 09:11 PM
PSN Veteran

PM sent.......

WHO said 100% nozzles get you better egt control?

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 02:33 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSWIZ View Post
PM sent.......

Anytime you can shorten the injection event you can get lower EGT's... Its not a hard concept to grasp.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 04:19 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSWIZ View Post
PM sent.......

[email protected] No Limit Tuning Design

Matt Robinson @Gearhead Automotive

Ryan Casserly & Matt @Full Force Diesel

Is this enough Corey???
They all said the same as CSIPSD.....can tune for same current hp/tq but liwee the egt from injecting fuel later/faster.

06' F250 Harley Davidson Edition(Factory 2.5" lift)CCSB-blue sping kit, ARP, gaskets up, Driven Diesel Coolant Return, Sinister Diesel Coolant filter, Rotella ELC, SCT X4, 55gal Aluminum Fuel tank, B & W turnover. ...Hauling New RV's daily.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 04:27 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

"later" might not be the correct word... At the correct time and over a shorter time frame is more specific.

With a smaller nozzle the PW has to be stretched out in order to inject the correct amount of fuel for the HP requested. Only so much can be injected later, so more has to be injected earlier. Ideal SOI doesnt change, just the give and take needed to inject the fuel.

Larger nozzles correct this issue.

With that comes lower duty cycles and less HPO used...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 04:40 AM
PSN Veteran

Later in relation to current stock nozzles. As you stated it'll dump fuel quickly. Surprised Corey questioned it, unless he was assuming that I meant lower egt and more Power ..not possible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode