AC codes, DP, PMR's question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

AC codes, DP, PMR's question

I am new these forums, but have been lurking for a while. My truck is an 01 model and has new injectors, AC code HO injectors. These are stock AC codes with stock nozzles. I run DP tuning with them. I am not sure whether the truck has the forged rods or PMR's, still need to get under there and check (01-01 build date). However, assuming the worst and that they have PMR's, is it relatively safe to run these programs with the AC codes:

80T
80E
140A or 140E

I have read a few posts here and there where people with stage-2 injectors and PMR's have thrown rods. I think I even read one post where someone broke a rod on a forged rod engine with DP tuning and stage-2 injectors. I am not sure if the stock AC codes are significantly less risk than the stage-2 injectors. My goal for a DD was to run the 140 program with my injectors and then do the IDM 140V mod also. I do not have the 140 DP program yet, plan on getting it added. I have mostly been running the 60T-HE program, but the turbo is a little laggy although the truck has good power. The truck gets worse economy in the 80E than 60T which is why I run the 60T.

I was primarily hoping for lower RPM response from the turbo by going to the 140. I generally do not drive the truck hard and try to take the best care of it possible in hopes to not wear out the engine prematurely. Engine still has very good compression. Thanks.

01 7.3L 152K miles - Alliant AC injectors, ITP regulated return, AIS, bellowed up-pipes, DP tuning, JW trans, DC Power 185A Alternator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 11:33 PM
PSN Local

Re: AC codes, DP, PMR's question

Darkstar,
welcome to the forum. I currently run my truck with stock injector with Jody,s tunes in the 140e setting most of the tmes. the bigest thing is to make sure that you dont get on the pendle till the engine has warmed up. As far as them having issues thats the price you pay when you decided to up grade. iam currently looking for Injectors a mine have 140k. i am looking at Swamps Hybrids 200cc/30% and am having jody tune them down and hope everything is well. the 140e is fun to drive, cleans up well. Hybrids well look out

Fully SWAMPED motor. GTX4294r, 300cc 200%, BTS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thanks. How does your turbo spool up in the 140 compared to the 80?

Regarding the engine warming up, I am also thinking of getting a stock program back to let the engine heat up and then switch to the other program afterwards.

01 7.3L 152K miles - Alliant AC injectors, ITP regulated return, AIS, bellowed up-pipes, DP tuning, JW trans, DC Power 185A Alternator

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 12:33 AM
PSN Local

Night and day diff. I have a different turbo that i purchased 3 years ago before everything started to be as popular and the fuel shimed spring and the sun coast 3d. I had some lag with my old Diablo out dated chip. found Jody got new chip in which he added more tip fuel at the beging to help with the lag. Runs like night and day. I then had everything ceramic coated and added the Air dog from ITP. Got more of a responsive take off. I then added Reg return and it got even better. i am now looking for some Hybrids.

fill in you Sig to see what you got.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 12:41 AM
PSN Local

Forgot. i have auto start alarm, So i generaly leave mine set on 140e and de tune as needed. just control your left foot till you get warmed up. OK to drive just not to the metal. i rearly use my other tunes except high idle, and 40 to tow. stock just good to have. 80 and 120 not needed. 80e lugs your engine and has faster shifts into gear. i dont like it.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl Stroker View Post
Night and day diff. I have a different turbo that i purchased 3 years ago before everything started to be as popular and the fuel shimed spring and the sun coast 3d. I had some lag with my old Diablo out dated chip. found Jody got new chip in which he added more tip fuel at the beging to help with the lag. Runs like night and day. I then had everything ceramic coated and added the Air dog from ITP. Got more of a responsive take off. I then added Reg return and it got even better. i am now looking for some Hybrids.

fill in you Sig to see what you got.
I plan on doing the turbo next, GTP38R. My turbo spools good above 1800RPM and especially between 2k and 3k RPM. It is just from a stop and in the first two gears that it is pretty laggy. I will ask DP about the added tip fuel.

My sig is filled in first post. I have that stuff plus six gauges including HPO and fuel, HX, remote start, lockup switch, dieselsite boots, and a couple other things. Air dog is on my list of things to do also. These trucks are great for getting into debt. :)

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 02:24 AM
Smarty Power!

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen

Here's a reality check:

ANYTHING above stock presents a risk of failure higher than stock. It's simple fact. When you push something to make more power than it was designed to have from the factory you risk breaking stuff.

Now, for my opinion. I don't see any problem with those injectors and Jody's tunes. Jody is a good tuner, but he can't tune for PMR's if he doesn't know they're in there.

Being a 1/01 build date, you can rest assured they ARE PMR's.

Jarrett Matthew

04.5 QCSB auto common rail
Smarty TnT; ISSPRO PERFORMAX
Suncoast full billet
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl Stroker View Post
80e lugs your engine and has faster shifts into gear. i dont like it.
I agree on the 80E lugging the engine. I much prefer the 80T that stays in 3rd gear longer. In fact, I am thinking of asking to see if it is possible to change the shift points so it stays in 3rd even longer than what the current tow program offers.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_DeereGreen View Post
Here's a reality check:

ANYTHING above stock presents a risk of failure higher than stock. It's simple fact. When you push something to make more power than it was designed to have from the factory you risk breaking stuff.
I know there is a risk and have always known that. I just do not want to push the engine so far that there is a likely chance of failure.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 02:38 AM
PSN Local

I just wouldn't run 80E...

Bart

RDRCM #52

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode