Word of the day "Exhilarating" - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Word of the day "Exhilarating"

You've heard the commercials from Mercedes Benz about 300hp being fast, 400hp takes your breath away, so they gave the C63 AMG 451hp!!!
Well they forgot to tell you how much power it takes to describe the word exhilarating

as most of you know I have my 95 Bronco with a 7.3 in it, last week I installed a set of MM's, remember it still has a stock turbo.
well this morning it was 28 degrees out so I let it warm up about 20 minutes and I rolled out of the neighborhood.
First stop sign everything was normal, take off about 1/4 throttle like I have been for the last 3 months only a lil quicker due to the bigger injectors.
Next stop light I'm sitting there waiting on the light to turn green, light turns green and I take off(luckily no one was in front of me)all of a sudden the thing just takes off like I floored it only no smoke, just gone. Keep in mind this thing weight transfers like nothing I have ever been in on street tires, no spinning just hook up and go, so you can imagine my surprise when all of a sudden while this is happening the trans shifts into second gear before I can even think of letting off the throttle.(gets better) In my tuning I have it set to lock the TC going into second at about 1/2 throttle, so when the Bronco unexpectedly jumped forward my foot must have moved forward alil more causing the TC to lock on the 1-2 shift
The word exhilarating now takes on a whole new meaning, the best way I can describe it is when your in a plane and you hit one of those spots where the plane suddenly drops and the only thing that keeps you in your seat is the seat belt
anyway just had to share my not so wonderful experience this morning just glad I was not taking a sip of coffee from my Bubba keg when that happened.

exhilarating, It means exciting - thrilling - stimulating.

Only thing I can figure is the IPR was stuck a lil and decided to work correctly all of a sudden.

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Banning Smut

Re: Word of the day "Exhilarating"

You aint seen nothing yet. Just wait til you tune my truck in a couple weeks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Lovin the Tuna

Its always nice when your own stuff suprises you (in a good way), sounds fun

2001 F250
2000 F250

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Caption This

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSUPERD View Post

After reading that you still want him to tune your truck?

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSUPERD View Post

I'm not sure what word in the English dictionary means; bastardized, hope it works, multi vendor, hope it works, used parts from multi members, hope it works, tyoonsh by the Wizzard, hope it works

David Lott
Quote:
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444-4D View Post
After reading that you still want him to tune your truck?
I'm starting not to like you

David Lott
Quote:
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Banning Smut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke Racer View Post
I'm not sure what word in the English dictionary means; bastardized, hope it works, multi vendor, hope it works, used parts from multi members, hope it works, tynoosh by the Wizzard, hope it works

You should feel right at home working on such a "Sanford and son" type setup.

|
|
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:41 PM
fueled by Colecovision

Garage

let me start practicing...

ahem* ahem*

F'n tooning...F'n toooonnnniiiinnnnggggggg

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
let me start practicing...

ahem* ahem*

F'n tooning...F'n toooonnnniiiinnnnggggggg

Don't be hatin cuz you've never experienced exhilaration with any of your productsh

David Lott
Quote:
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Banning Smut

Golfer. Correct verbage is "tyooning".

|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode