Chip Time! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Rustbucket

Chip Time!

Time for a chip or tuner. I was thinking about a TS performance 6 Pos. Then I thought about something custom due to the lift and tires.

"Lets Eat Grandma!"
"Lets Eat, Grandma!"
Commas Save Lives!

1999.5 F350 7.3 PSD Auto, 8" Lift, Nitto 38s, Hutch" Mod, AIH Delete, Fuel Pressure, Pyro & Boost Gauges, 4" Magnaflow turbo down, Riffraff Intake, Grand Rock 5" single stack, TS 6 Pos Chip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 PM
PSN Local

Re: Chip Time!

I have had a few trucks and a few tunners. Think the ts is the way to go
My new chip came from swamps with bigger injectors. .this thing is a beast
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 08:50 PM
the stryker god

The hydra from php is cool, pretty much all the tuners can email their tunes to you and you can load them yourself

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 01:09 AM
PSN Badass

i'm sure the TS is good, but my DPTuner blows my mind. i cut it right into my dash next to my 4x4 switcher.. so it looks factory and switches on the fly!

2002 CCSB 7.3 DP-tuned 4" MBRP turboback 6.5" procomp suspension 35x12.5x20 toyo MTs 20x10 Fuels Winchready bumper
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 01:12 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

PHP Hydra gets my vote at this point! No better option out there.

At last you OWN the hardware, where as others you rent it, or you have to send it back each time you want to try a new tuner to get reformatted.

With the Hydra anyone can send you a tune to try...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 01:13 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm34 View Post
i'm sure the TS is good, but my DPTuner blows my mind. i cut it right into my dash next to my 4x4 switcher.. so it looks factory and switches on the fly!
Here is one of the guys who rents his chip...

Curious have you ever tried any other tuner?

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 04:15 AM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S

I would bet the most common person that buys a chip, tuner, programmer, etc is making a one time purchase that will last the entire time they own that vehicle. Enthusiasts like those are that are on the forums are not the average customer in my opinion. My original 3 position chip from Bill is not something that I assume I could get reburned now days either.

1996 F250 Powerstroke 4X4 AUTO
DP-Tuner F-6 chip live tuned, BTS Transmission, Garrett 38R Turbo, Swamps Injectors 150cc, electric fuel,
Banks Intercooler, Reflexxions Cowl Hood, 17 degree HPOP, 4" Stainless Magnaflow &
Aeroturbine exhaust, Aeroforce OBD Scan Gauge, Truxedo tonneau cover
Dana 60 Precision Metal Fab RSK and SD Springs
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 04:20 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S View Post
I would bet the most common person that buys a chip, tuner, programmer, etc is making a one time purchase that will last the entire time they own that vehicle. Enthusiasts like those are that are on the forums are not the average customer in my opinion. My original 3 position chip from Bill is not something that I assume I could get reburned now days either.
It can be... by several tuners... An F5 chip will never be able to be burned on by anyone but one particular person...

Joe
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 03:57 AM
PSN Local

im pretty satisfied with my DP, even though i havent tried anyone elses tunes yet....

2002 7.3 stabbin waggon ... 4in turbo back, cold air, autometer pillar, dp-tuned...more to come, feel free to make donations
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 05:34 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
PHP Hydra gets my vote at this point! No better option out there.

At last you OWN the hardware, where as others you rent it, or you have to send it back each time you want to try a new tuner to get reformatted.

With the Hydra anyone can send you a tune to try...
+1 Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Here is one of the guys who rents his chip...

Curious have you ever tried any other tuner?
Prior to this I got a Diablo Predator as part of a trade, I thought it was great but didn't like the shifting. Sold it for the Hydra, the 80HP PHP tune makes the 110HP Diablo race tune seem slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S View Post
Not necessarily. If you decide to move on to other upgrades, I'd rather the ability to email tunes back and forth with someone rather then remove a chip, mail it, wait for it to be reburned (all the while your truck is down), be mailed back and installed, hoping for it to be just right.

Plus I have the option right now to order a tune from Tony Wildman, Matt @ Gearhead, etc and try their tunes to see if I like them more. Can't do that with a 6 position chip or DP.

2002 F350 CC/SB 4x4
-PHP Hydra
-Straight Piped

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode