Headlight Replacments? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Headlight Replacments?

I current have a 2006 headlight in my E-99 and i tried to install the murimoto minis in the factory housing. Well it didn't go so well and i cracked a housing. My question is....Is there any headlight replacement housing out there that i can still use my HID bulbs that i purchased? I want to be able to have projectors for my HID's cause thats the only way HID's work in any housing.

Curtsey
Early 99 Crew Cab,LB , 4" magna-flow exhaust, S&B Intake, FASS Pump, HRX, Regulated Return, Riff Raff Billet Plenums, ARP Studs, 910 springs, Chromoly Push rods, OBA, Carson Stuaffer t4 mount and a Borg warner s64.5 sxe Turbo, PIS 175/80's, T-500, ISSPRO EV2 Gauges, BTS Trans!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 04:40 AM
PSN Local

Re: Headlight Replacments?

did you crack the headlight housing or the HID housing?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 07:09 AM
PSN Local

^ What he said, I'm a bit confused.

Could you possibly post a couple pics as well? It'll be easier to give an opinion on what to do that way. Also, you should check out HIDPlanet. It's a forum for HIDs (where I got info when I did my retrofits). There are quite a few very knowledgeable people there.

2000 F350 lariat, crew cab, long bed, 4x4, 3.73 limited slip
LASB turbo from Irate Diesel
4" exhaust
Gauges (EGT, Trans Temp, Boost)
AFE Stage 2 XP Pro Guard 7
DP Tuner F6 (no start, stock, 80e, 60e, 60t)
AIH delete and CCV mod
F650 Dash with Carling switches
2002 Headlights with FX-R HID bi-xenon projector retrofit and 50W 5000K bulbs

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Something broke internally and now have no vertical adjustment. The projector and the inside reflective part of the headlight is aimed towards the ground.

Curtsey
Early 99 Crew Cab,LB , 4" magna-flow exhaust, S&B Intake, FASS Pump, HRX, Regulated Return, Riff Raff Billet Plenums, ARP Studs, 910 springs, Chromoly Push rods, OBA, Carson Stuaffer t4 mount and a Borg warner s64.5 sxe Turbo, PIS 175/80's, T-500, ISSPRO EV2 Gauges, BTS Trans!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 03:55 PM
PSN Local

well i have an 06 headlight in pieces laying around it just doesnt have the orange reflector other than i dont how to help you. Its also for a truck not sure if by E-99 you mean the van.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 05:09 PM
PSN Local

Do the stock adjustment screws for the headlight housing still work? If they do, you could use some JB Weld to hold the projector in place. I'd start with a couple spots of the quick version (that way you know it's aimed where you want), and then finish it off with a layer of the regular JB Weld.

2000 F350 lariat, crew cab, long bed, 4x4, 3.73 limited slip
LASB turbo from Irate Diesel
4" exhaust
Gauges (EGT, Trans Temp, Boost)
AFE Stage 2 XP Pro Guard 7
DP Tuner F6 (no start, stock, 80e, 60e, 60t)
AIH delete and CCV mod
F650 Dash with Carling switches
2002 Headlights with FX-R HID bi-xenon projector retrofit and 50W 5000K bulbs
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Well i think im just going to replace both headlight assemblies. One is not repairable so i want to replace both with an assembly that is better then the factory ones. Who makes them and who is the best.?

Curtsey
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 01:03 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

I'm confused as to what this has to do with 7.3 aftermarket and performance? How much faster will these headlights make your 7.3 diesel? What kind of boost levels will the headlights make?

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 06:51 AM
Flatulent entrepreneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
I'm confused as to what this has to do with 7.3 aftermarket and performance? How much faster will these headlights make your 7.3 diesel? What kind of boost levels will the headlights make?
You really got a hard on for asking that in this forum, don't you. I believe it's also for aftermarket parts. That includes HID's, no?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 07:07 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabitawerm View Post
You really got a hard on for asking that in this forum, don't you. I believe it's also for aftermarket parts. That includes HID's, no?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Link to the sub forum this post is in...

7.3L Power Stroke - Aftermarket Performance - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

And the description of that sub forum... Notice the part in bold

Quote:
Aftermarket & Performance discussion pertaining to the 7.3L Power Stroke Engine. Post your new mods, and any other performance related info here.
Now, just one small click below is...

1999-2010 Super Duty General Aftermarket - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Which has a description of...

Quote:
Discussion of tires, aftermarket cosmetic accessories, etc for 1999-2010 Model Year Ford Super Duties. -
Again... notice the part in bold...

Now I don't know about you, but I can not for the life of me figure out what headlights have to do with the 7.3 motor... Not one damn thing comes to mind. Now if you want to enlighten me, please do. I'll wait right here for your witty response.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode