Gauges in radio kit! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Gauges in radio kit!

I want to replace my factory 6 disc changer to a smaller radio with an aux port cause I only use my phone for music. In the extra space I want to put a boost guage a pyrometer and a third that maybe you can suggest for me. I'm mainly going to be towing a fifth wheel camper so what else should I be monitoring? I already have a trans temp.

Back on topic: I want a radio mounting kit that will utilize the extra space for gauges do you know where I can purchase one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 01:46 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Gauges in radio kit!

You have a auxiliary trans temp gauge or are you talking the stock one? Because the stock one is absolutely worthless. Fuel pressure gauge is my vote.

06' F250 Harley Davidson Edition(Factory 2.5" lift)CCSB-blue sping kit, ARP, gaskets up, Driven Diesel Coolant Return, Sinister Diesel Coolant filter, Rotella ELC, SCT X4, 55gal Aluminum Fuel tank, B & W turnover. ...Hauling New RV's daily.
02' F250 687,000 miles towing...traded to friend for a boat
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 03:01 PM
PSN Local

I don't think you'll get enough extra space just from switching to a single DIN stereo. Now if you're ready to trim some plastic & do some custom molding, anything's possible.

2004 F350 CCLB 4x4 Dually - EGR Delete, Coolant Filter, 5" Exhaust, Evolution tuner/monitor, Leveling kit & 33's
1960 F250 4x4 - 400/C6

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 03:21 PM
PSN Veteran

like stated above. if you are willing to do custom fab/molding, check this link out. Couple gauges.. 7 to be exact - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 06:02 PM
TURBO LIT 'N' THAT WAS IT

if the trans temp gauge you have now is the one in the dash, I would install an aftermarket one, if you already have an aftermarket gauge then fuel pressure gauge gets my vote also

03 SCSB (TOTALED)
00 ccsb zf6, 4" exhaust, 6637, ts chip w/php tunes, tinted glowshift gauges, ats ported housing,RR, leveled, ccv mod, pp mod, zoodad, intake heater delete, ebpv delete, WW2, t-500, South Bend clutch, more to possibly come
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledDogg View Post
You have a auxiliary trans temp gauge or are you talking the stock one? Because the stock one is absolutely worthless. Fuel pressure gauge is my vote.
I do have a stock one, What do you mean by worthless? Are they off or just don't read hot when the trans is hot? Why would it be worthless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrixen View Post
like stated above. if you are willing to do custom fab/molding, check this link out. Couple gauges.. 7 to be exact - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
This is awesome! I am defiantly thinking of this. I will have to check local junk yards for a dash!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 04:26 AM
TURBO LIT 'N' THAT WAS IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJozwiak View Post
I do have a stock one, What do you mean by worthless? Are they off or just don't read hot when the trans is hot? Why would it be worthless?

This is awesome! I am defiantly thinking of this. I will have to check local junk yards for a dash!
Its not accurate at all, my last truck showed on the dash that my trans was fine but my autometer gauge was around 220 (about 80 degree outside) so it was getting pretty warm but the gauge in the dash didn't move

03 SCSB (TOTALED)
00 ccsb zf6, 4" exhaust, 6637, ts chip w/php tunes, tinted glowshift gauges, ats ported housing,RR, leveled, ccv mod, pp mod, zoodad, intake heater delete, ebpv delete, WW2, t-500, South Bend clutch, more to possibly come
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 05:39 AM
PSN Veteran

Mine read normal right up until my added gauge showed 300(don't ask....clean your inter coolers).....didn't budge. I've got ####ty Glow Shift gauges. But I've had them measured for accuracy. It reads 10 hotter than actual trans sensor. Last truck had a pos trans gauge also.

06' F250 Harley Davidson Edition(Factory 2.5" lift)CCSB-blue sping kit, ARP, gaskets up, Driven Diesel Coolant Return, Sinister Diesel Coolant filter, Rotella ELC, SCT X4, 55gal Aluminum Fuel tank, B & W turnover. ...Hauling New RV's daily.
02' F250 687,000 miles towing...traded to friend for a boat
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 05:57 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJozwiak View Post
The "gauge" in the dash is essentially an idiot light controlled by pcm. If temp is in spec it reads in the middle no matter how high in the spec it is. It won't jump up to caution area until its way to hot.
With my CTS I can monitor the actual temp. 40 of change in temp and gauge still shows right in the middle.
You can get different temp reading from an auxilary gauge because of the difference in locations of the sensors.

02 F350 CC DRW 4X4.
PHP Hydra with Gearhead, PHP, and NLTD tunes. AIRAID INTAKE, 4" exhaust.
CTS INSIGHT w/ egt, coolant and boost sensors.
FULL FORCE 160/30'S.
RIFFRAFF Hrx & Frx.
Leveling kit, 285's
Van turbo/ 38r hybrid.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 09:04 PM
PSN Local

I used the scangauge 2 , installed below the single din radio and it worked great. had to do a little modifaction to the radio mount

2003 F250 7.3 PSD Lariat,fresh forged rod motor,Full Force 300/200 Hybrid injectors,Terminator Dual HPOP,BW S468 turbo w/race cover,Isspro Guages,BTS Trans,XRF front end,Red Head steering box, Yukon 4.56gears,6" BDS lift,AD 150 w/sump,Walbro pump,SD Regulated Return,DP tuner Live Tuned,armed with Infinity and on & on & on

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode