How do you like your DiPricol Optix? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
<-- it's like that

How do you like your DiPricol Optix?

Well after my up-pipe swap I managed to break the pyro probe that goes to my Autometers. As with anything else, I look for a good excuse to upgrade. Plus my birthday is coming up so what the heck.

Anway, I'm liking the looks of the DiPricol Optix black faced gauges. I know Joe is going to jump on and tell me to get ISSPro , but sorry I'm really just interested in the DiPricol's right now. I am also the type of person who has to match everything in the interior lighting, and I'm not interested in swapping out the gauge cluster lighting or the lighting for the stereo, accessories, door and window locks, etc just to have white faced gauges or a different color. Black and green is perfectly fine with me. I've had other colors in past vehicles so I'm done with that whole lighting pimp thing.

What I want to know is: are you satisfied? are they too bright/dim? problems? best gauges ever? You know the drill.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Corona Killa

Re: How do you like your DiPricol Optix?

I am very satisfied, and they are very easy on the eyes at night and I have them as bright as they can go and they don't bother me at all, and i think they are hands down the nicest looking gauges on the market. If you want to know anything else just let me know.

2007 DODGE 2500 CREW CAB 4X4 5.9 LITER CUMMINS
2002 FORD F-250 CREW CAB 4X4 POWERSTROKE
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 10:44 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

The ones I have seen look good.

You know there are many styles of Isspro's too, One that matchs the factory lighting and lettering perfect. And (altho you dont want to wait) the new line will be very sweet for install and functions and adding gauges later...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:03 PM
PSN Newb

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k

I love mine. I have 5 of them and I love them. You will be very satisfied. As was stated before they are easy on the eyes even with them turned all the way up (I have mine hooked into my dimmer switch). If you want to give them a look see I will be in denver tomorrow afternoon. Just shoot me a pm.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
<-- it's like that

Blackcloud... I sent you a PM. And thanks so far for everyone's response.

Joe, I knew you'd jump in this thread I've seen the ISSPro's in person and they look really nice. Checking out the DiPricol's I'm leaning towards those more though. If I get a chance to meet up with Blackcloud tomorrow and it turns out I don't like them as much, then my next choice is the ISSPro's. So dontcha worry, they are still high on the list

I'm looking at a new boost and pyro gauge, as well as adding fuel pressure and the new HPOP gauge for a grand total of 4 gauges.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:38 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

... ISSPRO...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:50 PM
HP Junky

You won't go wrong with the Optix Pocket. And you won't find a guage that matches the factory dash any better.

Any reason you don't want the trans temperature gauge? Because the in dash temp gauge is worthless, the only time it will move into the hot zone is when it's too late and you've already fried your tranny oil.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Corona Killa

Get a tranny temp gauge because the stock gauge doesn't do anything and get the full sweep one it looks a lot better then the other one.

2007 DODGE 2500 CREW CAB 4X4 5.9 LITER CUMMINS
2002 FORD F-250 CREW CAB 4X4 POWERSTROKE
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Any reason you don't want the trans temperature gauge? Because the in dash temp gauge is worthless, the only time it will move into the hot zone is when it's too late and you've already fried your tranny oil.
Reason for not having the trans temp gauge is.... well...
- I rarely tow heavy enough for an extended period of time (mostly tow quads around now during the summer)
- I'm running a BTS with a 6.0L cooler
- and I only want gauges on the pillar and not anywhere else

When I had the stock trans and it was nearing the end of it's life, I could tell by the factory gauge when it was trying to get hot on me. It never overheated on me once, but I did beat the hell out of it with too much power and too many boosted launches, which is why it only lasted 90,000 miles. I know the dash gauge is just a glorified dummy light, but in my case that's pretty much all I really need. Now if I was towing a 5th wheel around all the time, then yes the trans temp gauge would definately be there.

I'm probably going to catch some hell now

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:53 AM
Edward Scissorhand WanaB

Another satisfied DI Pricol Optix customer here. Easy on the eyes and great factory match. The gauge lighting is awesome. And yes, go for the full sweep transmission gauge.

"Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs"

2000 F-250 Lariat, CC, 4x4, LWB,
A few mods to make it better than stock.
250cc hybrids, Stealth stage II HPOP, H-11 Headstuds, Strickly Diesel Reg. Return Fuel, Spearco 6.0 IC, Garrett 38r 1.15 hsg, BTS transmission, Gearhead Tuning
"The Smoke Don't Mean Its Broke"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode