Re: California Emissions legal turbos/exhaust
You wont be checked for emisions, your truck is to heavy... This is long but just look at the bold if you dont want to read it all...
44011 (a) All motor vehicles powered by internal combustion engines that are registered within an area designated for program coverage shall be required biennially to obtain a certificate of compliance or noncompliance, except for the following:
(1) All motorcycles until the department, pursuant to Section 44012, implements test procedures applicable to motorcycles.
(2) All motor vehicles that have been issued a certificate of compliance or noncompliance or a repair cost waiver upon a change of ownership or initial registration in this state during the preceding six months.
(3) All motor vehicles manufactured prior to the 1976 model-year.
(4) (A) Except as provided in subparagraph (B), all motor vehicles four or less model-years old.
(B) Beginning January 1, 2005, all motor vehicles six or less model-years old, unless the state board finds that providing an exception for these vehicles will prohibit the state from meeting the requirements of Section 176(c) of the federal Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. Sec. 7401 et seq.) or the state’s commitments with respect to the state implementation plan required by the federal Clean Air Act.
(C) All motor vehicles excepted by this paragraph shall be subject to testing and to certification requirements as determined by the department, if any of the following apply:
(i) The department determines through remote sensing activities or other means that there is a substantial probability that the vehicle has a tampered emission control system or would fail for other cause a smog check test as specified in Section 44012.
(ii) The vehicle was previously registered outside this state and is undergoing initial registration in this state.
(iii) The vehicle is being registered as a specially constructed vehicle.
(iv) The vehicle has been selected for testing pursuant to Section 44014.7 or any other provision of this chapter authorizing out-of-cycle testing.
(D) This paragraph does not apply to diesel-powered vehicles.
(5) In addition to the vehicles exempted pursuant to paragraph (4), any motor vehicle or class of motor vehicles exempted pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 44024.5. It is the intent of the Legislature that the department, pursuant to the authority granted by this paragraph, exempt at least 15 percent of the lowest emitting motor vehicles from the biennial smog check inspection.
(6) All motor vehicles that the department determines would present prohibitive inspection or repair problems.
(7) Any vehicle registered to the owner of a fleet licensed pursuant to Section 44020 if the vehicle is garaged exclusively outside the area included in program coverage, and is not primarily operated inside the area included in program coverage.
(8) (A) All diesel-powered vehicles manufactured prior to the 1998 model-year.
(B) All diesel-powered vehicles that have a gross vehicle weight rating of 8,501 to 10,000 pounds, inclusive, until the department, in consultation with the state board, pursuant to Section 44012, implements test procedures applicable to these vehicles.
(C) All diesel-powered vehicles that have a gross vehicle weight rating from 10,001 pounds to 13,999 pounds, inclusive, until the state board and the Department of Motor Vehicles determine the best method for identifying these vehicles, and until the department, in consultation with the state board, pursuant to Section 44012, implements test procedures applicable to these vehicles.
(D) All diesel-powered vehicles that have a gross vehicle weight rating of 14,000 pounds or greater.
(b) Vehicles designated for program coverage in enhanced areas shall be required to obtain inspections from appropriate smog check stations operating in enhanced areas.
(c) For purposes of subdivision (a), a collector motor vehicle, as defined in Section 259 of the Vehicle Code, is exempt from those portions of the test required by subdivision (f) of Section 44012 if the collector motor vehicle meets all of the following criteria:
(1) Submission of proof that the motor vehicle is insured as a collector motor vehicle, as shall be required by regulation of the bureau.
(2) The motor vehicle is at least 35 model-years old.
(3) The motor vehicle complies with the exhaust emissions standards for that motor vehicle’s class and model-year as prescribed by the department, and the motor vehicle passes a functional inspection of the fuel cap and a visual inspection for liquid fuel leaks.
(d) This section shall become operative on January 1, 2010. or infraction, eliminates a crime or infraction, or changes the penalty for a crime or infraction, within the meaning of Section 17556 of the Government Code, or changes the definition of a crime within the meaning of Section 6 of Article XIII~TH~B of the California Constitution.
(Added Sec. 3, Ch. 739, Stats. 2007. Operative January 1, 2010.)