Hpop - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Hpop

I'm not sure if anyone has posted anything on this before but I think my Hpop is going out and I am wanting to replace it. I'm not sure what to go with? I have stock injectors with a custom chip from TSD. I don't plan on getting bigger injectors or anything, i'm just having a problem with it when I pull my travel trailer and i'm looking to make sure I don't have any future problems. Should I go back with stock or should I go with something like t500 or srp1? Any help would be appreciated

02 f250 psd
4x4
afe stage 2 extreme
4" turbo back magnaflow
leveling kit
20" monsters with 35" mud grapplers
TSD custom tuned chip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 12:44 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Re: Hpop

What leads you to believe your HPOP is going "out"...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 08:58 PM
PSN Veteran

Have you monitored ICP and IPR duty cycle to see what is going on? It may be a weak pump, but it is always better to be sure than to just throw parts at it and hope for the best.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Leroy

My hpop is leaking from the plate with the seal on the back that faces the turbo, I've been thinking of upgrading to a better one because I do plan on putting performance parts on it. I'm not even really sure if I could just fix that seal I haven't heard of anyone fixing it.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 05:21 AM
PSN Veteran

Are you sure? That is not a common area for leaks. Did you check the 11/16" plug right above the back cover, inline with the HPOP lines? That plug is well known to leak.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Leroy

i'll check again when i get out of work today in the afternoon but when i had the mirror up it was dripping from right there about 1-2 drips every couple of seconds, i'm running through about a gallon of oil a week mainly just driving to and from work.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 08:34 PM
Diesel millwright

Wow, that's just a weee bit of oil consumption. Have you cleaned the pump and surrounding area off nice and dry, and then start it up and see if its obvious where it's coming from? I guess the oil is pretty clean being how much your leaking, no old black stuff that would be easier to see and trace.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 09:21 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchman1025 View Post
i'll check again when i get out of work today in the afternoon but when i had the mirror up it was dripping from right there about 1-2 drips every couple of seconds, i'm running through about a gallon of oil a week mainly just driving to and from work.
Just put an 11/16" wrench on that rear plug. If it turns at all, replace the O ring.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Leroy

yeah i gave the engine a real good power wash and poured brake cleaner in the valley and surrounding area then did it 3 more times. it didn't get it perfectly clean but when i had put the mirror down in it i saw the drip coming from the back plate and i'll take an 11/16" to it today when i get off i wasn't able to get to with all the stuff i had going on yesterday but i'll let you know later today! the drip is definitely more now than it was when i cleaned it i get a nice 2" by 4" puddle when i park my truck right now so i gotta do something about it and soon!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 01:29 AM
Leroy

It is loose now do I have to pull it out to fix that or can I do it while its still attached?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode