Best daily driving mode/setting with Edge evolution II? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
'02 Crew Cab 7.3

Question Best daily driving mode/setting with Edge evolution II?

Ok so I got my edge evolution II updated and installed in my truck. I am currently using the lowest performance setting "Towing" for daily driving. I have heard some bad things about edge products smoking transmissions.

Now I have a couple of questions. Is it okay to daily drive on the lowest "tow" setting? I am a very conservative driver and I don't race or tow much at all with my truck. I know that sounds contradicting, but I just like having the little extra performance over stock. I just want to make sure the truck isn't trying to increase the tranny in a way to compensate for towing a load when im just cruising, therefore resulting in premature failure of the transmission.

Also, what is everyone else running for your daily driving setting?

Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 09:27 PM
PSN Newb

Re: Best daily driving mode/setting with Edge evolution II?

I have an Evolution CTS on my '01. I put it on about 2 months ago and have had pretty good luck using the "Race" mode as my daily driver setting. It gives me better fuel mileage over stock and I can have plenty of power when I need it. I also don't pull too many loads, but when I do I program it back to "Tow" and get along just fine there.

2001 7.3 F250 4x4
Straight Pipe
S&B Cold Air Intake
EDGE Evolution CTS
97,xxx miles
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 05:40 PM
PSN Local

Re: Best daily driving mode/setting with Edge evolution II?

from my understanding, edge products do not take your tranny into consideration when trying to increase power, & i know several people who have had to rebuild their trannys in time running generic tunes like edge, superchips, etc....

2002 7.3 stabbin waggon ... 4in turbo back, cold air, autometer pillar, dp-tuned...more to come, feel free to make donations
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode