Ordered a php hydra. Now have a few questions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Coal Train Diesel

Ordered a php hydra. Now have a few questions

Ok so I ordered the chip Thursday am of last week. I ordered with 4 custom tunes. I ordered it to run my new 160cc injectors. Anyways I was reading after ordering that you have to wait 20 seconds after changing tunes. Is this true? Or can I change like my ts? Just let off gas. Change. Wait a few seconds then drive. Any input? Also how long should I expect to wait for the tunes? Thanks.

Sent from my VS930 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

01 f350 dually CCLB, 7in lift, 6637 zoodad, 4.5" stacks, Isspro gauges, PHP Hyrda, ww2, industrial injectors 180/40
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 03:14 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Ordered a php hydra. Now have a few questions

Unless its different for custom tunes then no. I switch on the fly and just wait for the number to blink, like 2 seconds. Dont have any custom tunes yet but ask jaybuller, hes running custom tunes on his hydra. I've heard it takes a while to get custom tunes from Bill, you'll probably get the hydra in the mail before you get your tunes. It doesnt come loaded, you have to install them once they email them to you I believe.

2003 F-250 CCLB 7.3L
4" lift and PMF traction bar/block setup running 35s on 20x12s. Intake, exhaust, PHP Hydra w/ Gearhead tunes, gauges
2005 F-350 CCLB 6.0L
6" lift on 20x10s and 37s, studded, deleted, Powermax and Livewire with Quicktricks tunes, exhaust, intake (Wife's Truck)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 09:02 PM
PSN Veteran

I am still waiting on mine as well. Hope to get them sooon

2000 Ford F250 Powerstroke 4x4 c/c 6speed, 278k on truck and 207k on 96 engine all cylinders blew 400 psi, melling lpop, comp springs shimmed, smith brother push rods, 238/100% Hybrids by Rosewood, 38r/ww2, Strictly Diesel Reg Return, Strictly Diesel post and pre fuel filters, AFE - Straight Piped, Hydra with PHP tunes, Srp 1.1, !

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 09:13 PM
PSN Veteran

I have a hydra and I have not had to wait 20 seconds. I usually let off and let it do its thing for a few second and then touch the pedal again.

95 f250 ECLB,silver/purple 199k FFD 350/200s, arps, comp 910 shimmed, BTS ZF delete, glowshift EGT,Boost,trans temp,6" aussies,6637, 6.oh IC,dual sd elec fuel. irate T4, S475/96,136k 97 motor. Twin termies

Plans: twin turbs, crowers and fresh rebuild.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 09:30 PM
PSN Veteran

No waiting, no letting off gas nothing, just switch it. I have custom tunes on mine and it switches just fine. If you heard or read that it takes 20 seconds to load tunes it probably means it takes 20 seconds to load the tune onto the chip itself from your computer, because that's about how long it takes!

2000 f250 ECSB Dually 4.10s 305/70/16, 4x4 7.3 zf6 200k miles
Php hydra chip PHP tuned! 4" exhaust, stock turbo(ww2, turbomaster wastage actuator, gutted ebpv), FRX, 160/30 sticks SB 1939-CB single clutch, home brew water setup for when i'm pulling hay through the mountains.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 01:07 AM
PSN Veteran

What jay buller said. I change with my foot in it about half throttle and uphill with no problems. Just feel a power increase.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
F250 7.3 Crew Cab Short Bed Lariat
4"dp 5 inch pipes to dual 8 inch stacks (summer)
4" turbo back dual axle dumps (winter)
PHP Hydra (loaded)
Edge insight CTS monitor w/ eas system
17 ton d-ring with solid polished titanium hitch
80% over rosewood injectors
Transgo tugger kit
dual disc tc
GTP38R
More to come
call me dan
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 02:22 PM
PSN Local

If I switch tunes it's usually when at an idle, but just switch it on the fly. Ive heard no change in the engine when changing the programming it just blinks telling you that your in the new tune.

2001 7.3L CCSRW 4X4 Lariat
Airaid intake
Stock for now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode